or even longer in my case lol.
I do not try to learn all the tunes but always check to see what comes up.
Whatever happens, this thread is a great resource.
Eric, I must be losing my touch but I cannot find the icon to subscribe to this topic. I can see 2 places to unsubscribe but no place to subscribe. What am I missing??
Also - and here is my biggest problem - I don't have tabledit so I can't download and print any of the tabs and it drives me nuts. I've tried to get tabledit but I have an ipad so maybe that's why it won't work? Thanks for all you do for us here - we owe you!
Originally posted by barbbanjo
. . .
. . . here is my biggest problem - I don't have tabledit so I can't download and print any of the tabs and it drives me nuts. I've tried to get tabledit but I have an ipad so maybe that's why it won't work? . . .
Barb, TablEdit for the iPad is called TEFpad. It's really good although without as many features as the PC version (you won't miss them). I don't think they have a free trial version, but it's not expensive and well worth it--it includes a discount if you ever end up with a PC and want to upgrade. Do a search for "TEFpad" or just go to the TablEdit site; you'll find it.
Edited by - Rawhide Creek on 06/23/2016 19:59:52
What a beautiful thread this is - it is like a growing database of GOOD STUFF! Congratulations to Eric and all who have contributed to this thread! Phil
BTW - if you use and like this thread be sure to click the "Like" button on the first post where Eric started this thread!
Edited by - Kemo Sabe on 09/07/2016 08:23:27
You're the man Eric....
Thanks so much for this...Jack
Originally posted by schlange
The bluegrass Tune of the Week (TOTW) is a new project for this forum, in the spirit of the clawhammer forums long-running TOTW threads. The purpose of a TOTW thread is to focus on a particular tune--how to play it, interesting notes about its history, memorable versions played, etc. Embrace the TOTW and become an expert on a particular tune!
Here is an index of the TOTW (BG) threads which will continue to be updated as more are added.
- Banjo Signal (12/29/13)
- Lonesome Road Blues (1/5/14)
- Wreck of the Old 97 (1/12/14)
- Mountain Dew (1/19/14)
- Eight More Miles to Louisville (1/26/14)
- Dooley (2/2/14)
- Down the Road (2/9/14)
- Clinch Mountain Backstep (2/16/14)
- John Henry (2/23/14)
- Blue Ridge Cabin Home (3/2/14)
- Red Haired Boy (3/9/14)
- Wildwood Flower (3/16/14)
- Long Journey Home / Two Dollar Bill (3/23/14)
- Blue Moon of Kentucky (3/30/14)
- Big Spike Hammer (4/6/14)
- Dixie (4/13/14)
- 'Til the End of the World Rolls Around (4/20/14)
- Life's Railway to Heaven (4/27/14)
- Wabash Cannonball (5/4/14)
- St. Anne's Reel (5/11/14)
- This World Is Not My Home (5/18/04)
- Keep On the Sunny Side (5/25/14)
- Tennessee Waltz (6/1/14)
- I Am a Pilgrim (6/8/14)
- Crying Holy Unto the Lord (6/15/14)
- Amazing Grace (6/22/14)
- Gum Tree Canoe (6/29/14)
- Theme Time (7/6/14)
- Black Mountain Rag (7/13/14)
- Cherokee Shuffle (7/20/14)
- Dark Hollow (7/27/14)
- Gentle On My Mind (8/3/14)
- Leather Britches (8/10/14)
- The Crow (8/17/14)
- Nashville Blues (8/24/14)
- Foggy Mountain Breakdown (8/31/14)
- Ashokan Farewell (9/7/14)
- Knee Deep in Bluegrass (9/14/14)
- Sitting On Top of the World (9/21/14)
- Orange Blossom Special (9/28/14)
- Salt Creek (10/6/14)
- Doin' My Time (10/12/14)
- Fireball Mail (10/19/14)
- Fox on the Run (10/26/14)
- Shuckin' the Corn (11/2/14)
- Sunny Side of the Mountain (11/9/14)
- Sweet Appalachia (11/16/14)
- Take Me in a Lifeboat (11/23/14)
- Red Wing (12/7/14)
- Jingle Bells (12/14/14)
- I Saw the Light (12/21/14)
- Béla Fleck's "Big Country" (12/28/14)
- Sally Ann (1/4/2015)
- Take Me Home, Country Roads (1/11/15)
- 1952 Vincent Black Lightning (1/18/15)
- Wagon Wheel (2/8/15)
- Pearl, Pearl, Pearl (2/15/15)
- Red River Valley (2/22/15)
- Sourwood Mountain (3/1/15)
- Don't Let Your Deal Go Down (3/8/15)
- Liza Jane (3/15/15)
- Doug's Tune (3/22/15)
- Bugle Call Rag (3/29/15)
- Blackjack (4/5/15)
- Carter's Blues (4/12/15)
- Chicken Reel (5/3/15)
- Cora is Gone (5/17/15)
- Dawggy Mountain Breakdown (5/24/15)
- Down Yonder (5/31/15)
- East Virginia Blues (6/7/15)
- Farewell Blues (6/14/15)
- Golden Slippers (7/5/15)
- Foggy Mountain Chimes (7/12/15)
- Ernest T. Grass (7/26/15)
- Faded Love (8/2/15)
If you are interested in choosing and composing a writeup for an upcoming TOTW, please contact me.
I will post a reply on this topic each time a new week's tune is added, so if you subscribe to this topic you'll be notified of new tunes.
Great list! How do we save or search this forum topic so we cAn get to it in the future? Somwtimes I search for old topics and they appear to be lost or missing? Or is it just my lack of technie skills?
'Fender FB 59' 5 hrs
'Gibson RB250 “Clone”' 8 hrs
'Flowers of Edinburgh' 12 hrs