Banjo Hangout Logo
Banjo Hangout Logo

Premier Sponsors


Oct 7, 2026 - 6:11:32 AM
Players Union Member

rinemb

USA

17994 posts since 5/24/2005
Online Now

This stack of three hazard cones have been stuck together for many years. I can’t get them pulled apart. Any suggestions? Thanks, Brad


 

Oct 7, 2026 - 6:19:20 AM

45692 posts since 3/5/2008

Spray lube like pb blaster.. n a rod to pke down the top to separate the layers...

Otoh...
We get buckets stuck together all the time..

The trick there is a strait even..push...
Not a pull...

You use your fingers to ..push the 2 buckets apart at the mouths... thumbs push one way n fingers the other...
It's the even push that dose the trick...

Good luck..

Oct 7, 2026 - 7:31:16 AM
likes this

Owen

Canada

19836 posts since 6/5/2011

In regards to cleaning things, I find I'm regularly advising/reminding/? my lovely and talented assistant that, "Soaking* is the answer."  This looks like it could be another application.

* i.e. in water.

[And Brad, you just know that "everybody" is counting on you for a detailed how-to/outcome.  wink ]

Oct 7, 2026 - 7:39:37 AM
Players Union Member

rinemb

USA

17994 posts since 5/24/2005
Online Now

quote:
Originally posted by Owen

In regards to cleaning things, I find I'm regularly advising/reminding/? my lovely and talented assistant that, "Soaking* is the answer."  This looks like it could be another application.

* i.e. in water.

[And Brad, you just know that "everybody" is counting on you for a detailed how-to/outcome.  wink ]


Of coarse.  We all have so much need for hazard cones on our property.  ha ha.  But if I got em, I want to be able to use em.  Besides, 3 stacked together are heavy.  Actually, I live on a fairly busy traffic way.  I do use the cones to put on the street when someone parks in front and has no cones.  I have accumulated 4 of them over the years from being left behind by contractors.  Brad

Oct 7, 2026 - 7:43:01 AM
Players Union Member

rinemb

USA

17994 posts since 5/24/2005
Online Now

quote:
Originally posted by STUD figmo Al

Spray lube like pb blaster.. n a rod to pke down the top to separate the layers...

Otoh...
We get buckets stuck together all the time..

The trick there is a strait even..push...
Not a pull...

You use your fingers to ..push the 2 buckets apart at the mouths... thumbs push one way n fingers the other...
It's the even push that dose the trick...

Good luck..


Yep, 5 gallon plastic buckets are the worst to pull apart.  I think they get vacuum sealed?  Anyway, I have carried 3 of them to jobs for forty years.  I learned to lay a rag over a few inches of the rims to stack them.  Then they pull apart easy.  Brad

Oct 7, 2026 - 7:47:50 AM

82551 posts since 5/9/2007

Hot water

Oct 7, 2026 - 8:02:14 AM
Players Union Member

Texasbanjo (Moderator)

USA

33265 posts since 8/3/2003

WD40 will take care of almost anything!

Oct 7, 2026 - 8:03:16 AM
likes this

619 posts since 9/5/2013

Perhaps penetrating oil, or dubya-D-40.

Oct 7, 2026 - 8:21:35 AM
Players Union Member

rinemb

USA

17994 posts since 5/24/2005
Online Now

If I go with a penetrating oil, I will use the cheaper WD40, my Kroil is too expensive to waste. But I will try water first I think. Brad

Oct 7, 2026 - 8:44:43 AM

30141 posts since 6/25/2005

Heat is the key. 150 or so should get them loose.

Oct 7, 2026 - 8:57:10 AM
Players Union Member

rinemb

USA

17994 posts since 5/24/2005
Online Now

quote:
Originally posted by Bill Rogers

Heat is the key. 150 or so should get them loose.


I guess I could heat up a tea kettle's worth (to take outside) and try.  I doubt I want to be caught with those in the sink or tub. ;-)  

Oct 7, 2026 - 1:42:37 PM

Owen

Canada

19836 posts since 6/5/2011

Brad, I'm assuming that the cones are still relatively flexible ...  have you tried holding them up [by the top of the outer cone] and administering a few whacks with a stick?

Oct 7, 2026 - 2:12:11 PM
likes this

7121 posts since 3/6/2006

The combined intelligence of 100,000 banjo players.
What an awesome resource!

Oct 7, 2026 - 2:46:20 PM

1248 posts since 4/27/2020

quote:
Originally posted by Laurence Diehl

The combined intelligence of 100,000 banjo players.
What an awesome resource!


We may be on the cusp of the answer to the age old question, "How many banjo players does it take to unstick three traffic cones?"

It's a problem that has vexed the world's greatest mathematicians, right up there with Fermat's Last Theorem.

Edited by - reubenstump on 10/07/2026 14:47:20

Oct 7, 2026 - 3:41:20 PM
Players Union Member

rinemb

USA

17994 posts since 5/24/2005
Online Now

I am thinking…if the prowess of the banjo community can help me get apart road cones, then I am ready to further have you solve my 52 Chevy pickup electrical problems. Who knows, perhaps Mr. Bezos lurks around our discussions, looking for geniuses to help him get to the moon on a regular basis? Cr@p, if we can get a banjo set up right. It should be easy to figure out how to get to the moon and back, eh.

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Privacy Consent (EU/GDPR Only)

Copyright 2026 Banjo Hangout. All Rights Reserved.





Hangout Network Help

View All Topics  |  View Categories

0.1679688