Banjo Hangout Logo
Banjo Hangout Logo

Premier Sponsors


Oct 10, 2026 - 5:30:45 AM
115 posts since 3/13/2011

Hi everyone,

I am looking for a banjo tab for the song "Circum Pacific Belt" by The Carter Family.

I've searched around but haven't found a standard standalone tab file for it yet. If anyone has written this out or would be willing to arrange it, I would be incredibly grateful!

Either Scruggs style or a simple melody backup would be amazing. Standard Open G tuning is preferred.

Thank you so much in advance for your time and help

Andoni

Oct 10, 2026 - 6:16:49 AM
Players Union Member

janolov

Sweden

44006 posts since 3/7/2006

When searching for information Google told me that Carter Family never have recorded that tune, but AI suggested that you may mean "Ring of Fire", written by June Carter and Merle Kilgore in 1962, and later recorded by Anita Carter: https://youtu.be/S7KoDGOGxTo . Also recorded and made famous by Johnny Cash in 1963: https://youtu.be/5WyLhwYFgmk 

There is a tab of Ring of Fire in the tab archive: https://www.banjohangout.org/tab/browse.asp?m=detail&v=12326

Edited by - janolov on 10/10/2026 06:22:29

Oct 10, 2026 - 10:45:10 AM

115 posts since 3/13/2011

Thank you so much, Janolov, for your great response and collaboration! Your explanation was incredibly helpful.
Just to clarify, I was initially guided by the Tunefox app, which attributes the song to The Carter Family. That’s why I thought it belonged to them in the first place. It’s wonderful to know the real history behind the recording and how both versions connect. Thanks again for the tab links and all the support!"
Andoni

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Privacy Consent (EU/GDPR Only)

Copyright 2026 Banjo Hangout. All Rights Reserved.





Hangout Network Help

View All Topics  |  View Categories

0.1552734