Banjo Hangout Logo
Banjo Hangout Logo

Premier Sponsors


 New Topic  Topic Locked

Oct 7, 2026 - 10:47:30 AM
likes this
1608 posts since 8/31/2004

I think I posted this in the wrong forum earlier, so I'll try again.

We've all heard of Fantasy Football; I am proposing a new game: Fantasy Bluegrass Band. Here's how it works. You are the banjo player. Pick four bandmates to complete your band. The only limitations are that the band MUST include a guitar player and a bass player. That leaves two other slots available in your band. Pro Tip: Consider vocals as strongly as you consider instrumental prowess. Songwriting ability is a big plus for me.

If they were available in the draft, my picks would be:

Guitar Player/Lead Singer: Paul Brewster

Bass/Vocals: Ronnie Bowman

Mandolin/Vocals: Jimmy Gaudreau

Fiddle: Byron Berline

Oct 7, 2026 - 11:10:53 AM

ChunoTheDog

Canada

2588 posts since 8/9/2019

Banjo: JD Crowe (I know, I know, not me)

Fiddle: Kenny Baker or Mike Cleveland

Mando: John Duffey or Big Mon himself

Rythm Guitar: Del MCoury

Lead Guitar: Junior Blankenship

Bass Fiddle: Jack Cooke (for his on-stage personality)

Del and Duffey can hash it out on vocals as they please, lol

Oct 7, 2026 - 11:29:27 AM
likes this

1608 posts since 8/31/2004

quote:
Originally posted by ChunoTheDog

Banjo: JD Crowe (I know, I know, not me)

Fiddle: Kenny Baker or Mike Cleveland

Mando: John Duffey or Big Mon himself

Rythm Guitar: Del MCoury

Lead Guitar: Junior Blankenship

Bass Fiddle: Jack Cooke (for his on-stage personality)

Del and Duffey can hash it out on vocals as they please, lol


You struggle with making choices, don't you?

Oct 7, 2026 - 11:35:58 AM

ChunoTheDog

Canada

2588 posts since 8/9/2019

quote:
Originally posted by Flying Eagle
quote:
Originally posted by ChunoTheDog

Banjo: JD Crowe (I know, I know, not me)

Fiddle: Kenny Baker or Mike Cleveland

Mando: John Duffey or Big Mon himself

Rythm Guitar: Del MCoury

Lead Guitar: Junior Blankenship

Bass Fiddle: Jack Cooke (for his on-stage personality)

Del and Duffey can hash it out on vocals as they please, lol


You struggle with making choices, don't you?


Haha! 

Oct 7, 2026 - 12:37:03 PM

82551 posts since 5/9/2007

Guitar-Brian Mason
Singer-Erlin Morse
Bass-Michael Burd
Fiddle-Don Roy

Edited by - steve davis on 10/07/2026 12:38:33

Oct 7, 2026 - 2:03:55 PM
Players Union Member

Texasbanjo (Moderator)

USA

33265 posts since 8/3/2003

Duplicate copy. Go here: banjohangout.org/topic/410567

 New Topic  Topic Locked

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Privacy Consent (EU/GDPR Only)

Copyright 2026 Banjo Hangout. All Rights Reserved.





Hangout Network Help

View All Topics  |  View Categories

9.765625E-02