Banjo Hangout Logo
Banjo Hangout Logo

Premier Sponsors


Oct 3, 2026 - 8:49 AM
393 posts since 7/31/2012

See thread at: banjohangout.org/topic/410475/1

(I already have some of the more obvious ones—Gerry, Enda/We Banjo 3, Hanrahan, the Dubliners. Looking for anything and everything, including examples of tenor/plectrum playing in British, Canadian, American, Australian folk music contexts)

Oct 3, 2026 - 8:52:46 AM

Enda Scahill

Ireland

136 posts since 4/28/2008

Koady with The East Pointers from PEI was an amazing banjo player

Damien O’Kane (UK) has two excellent albums with Ron Block, and solo work too

Ciaran Ryan - Scottish banjo player - absolutely top class.

Elaine Reilly (Ireland) very traditional Irish but an excellent player

Oct 3, 2026 - 9:19:21 AM

jt80

USA

58 posts since 2/9/2026

Great list so far.

I’d add Cathal Hayden.

I’m definitely looking into some of these names that I’m not yet familiar with.

I’m looking forward to taking Elaine Reilly’s class at the O’Flaherty retreat in a few weeks.

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Privacy Consent (EU/GDPR Only)

Copyright 2026 Banjo Hangout. All Rights Reserved.





Hangout Network Help

View All Topics  |  View Categories

0.1601563