Posted by Jonnycake White on Monday, January 23, 2012
I've got a steel-string version of my box-soda bottle head-banjo made that sounds great. The 30 lb. test fishing line solid strings on my other soda bottle banjo sound good, but the handwound 3rd and 4th string don't. I'm going to replace them with a 50 lb. test fishing line string and a nylon core silver wound guitar string and see how that works.
I also made another Panhead pot with pre-tensioned Yellowstone head material - I'm pretty excited about its potential but of course I have to build a neck for it to really see. Meanwhile I'll upload some photos.
Jonnycake White Says:
Thursday, February 9, 2012 @11:04:58 AM
I found that the problem with the handwound strings on my fretless, was bad routing around the guide pins, which I overlooked. They are fine now, so I left them on.
I'm also building the neck for the next panhead so we'll see how that works out.
You must sign into your myHangout account before you can post comments.
'Electric Banjo 2' 2 hrs
'Electrified Banjo' 2 hrs
'Baldwin D Model' 5 hrs
'Baldwin ODE D Model' 6 hrs
'Win 10 Laptop Question' 6 hrs