It's about 2230 on December 31st, 2011, so I am going to state my New Years Resolutions for 2012 right now. The list applies to all 3 of my instruments (banjo, mandolin, ukulele):
1: Practice, the goal is every day on at least one of my instruments.
2. Keep a daily practice log of what I work on, how much time I spend, etc.
3. Play with others. I do this once a month with my ukulele and every time I do, I think to myself "now if I could just do this with my banjo or mandolin..." There is no substitute for playing with others.
4. Learn to do a decent mandolin chop!
5. Cure myself of MAS, BAS and UAS, (as soon as I get my mits on that Stelling S-5 Mandolin I've got my eye on that is).
6. Take an instrument with me when I travel to keep up with resolution number 1. (Hmm, I may have to get a Tranjo which really shouldn't count against resolution number 5).
7. Work out more, lose weight, etc.
Happy New Year everyone!
Saturday, December 31, 2011 @8:29:50 AM
Jay - good list! My list is based on banjo only, but all in all about the same. I'll have a year in February, with a bit of prior guitar experience. Its a long road to get truly proficient, but the key is discipline and schedule. I like your attention to practicing when traveling. I have taken a couple pretty good hits because I didn't, and felt I had lost a lot each time.
Happy New Year. We have another 12 hours to wait here in Maryland.
Saturday, December 31, 2011 @12:18:11 PM
Thanks Wayne! Happy New Year to you!
You must sign into your myHangout account before you can post comments.
'Denver Belle' 17 min
'Stelling banjo T Shirt' 3 hrs
'Model number' 4 hrs
'Good Sunday Morning' 8 hrs