Posted by bowfinger on Monday, July 20, 2009
I sent the '49 reissue back to the owner (brother) to play. I've been working on the "new" neck. I put side position marker dots in. I also fixed some divots in the headstock around the tuner holes. I also shouldn't have tried to fix a mark on the back of the headstock cause now I have to re-color which looks like a pain since I don't really know what color was used on this. It looks orange with a bit of brown to me. I want to get that fixed before I send it off to get the neck re-fit.
I've been thinking about a maple resonator instead of mahohany. I've seen discussions about the resonator not making any difference to the sound of a banjo. So I don't know. We'll see. I'll post pics when I get some.
Be the first to comment on “New banjo a work in progress (slow progress)”
You must sign into your myHangout account before you can post comments.
'Good Tuesday Morning' 2 hrs
'Zoom banjo lessons' 3 hrs