Posted by milton on Thursday, July 2, 2009
Funny how it took almost a whole week to string a banjo...I was taking the old strings off when I decided to I wanted to fix the little felt piece that sits between the resonator and the neck. So I took off the resonator and noticed the felt piece had come unglued. I also noticed that one of my hooks was loose so I decided to start from ground zero. I loosened everything up and began to tighten everything back up. By this time it had gotten late so I put it all off until the following day. I continued the tightening process as well as the stringing up of the banjo, when "DATHANGGGG" I broke a string...Still not sure, I think it was defective, I've strung a many a stringed instrument in my time. So don't ya know I've thrown away the other strings...they're gone thanks to the garbage pick up. And I was about to leave the next couple of days for a camping trip. I was also trying to restring my guitar after breaking the "D" string at church on Sunday. To make it all as short as possible I had to wait until I returned home on Saturday to even start thinking about the strings on the banjo.
Well now we're back in business, my banjo is strung and has been sucessfully played for the last couple evenings even stumbled upon a new tune...
You must sign into your myHangout account before you can post comments.
'Gibson banjo' 4 min
'Banjo Art' 20 min
'Oettinger Tailpieces' 50 min
'The Tracker' 1 hr