Posted by alan munde on Tuesday, March 3, 2009
My latest book Banjo for the Young Beginner published by Mel Bay will be out March, 2009. It is a well thought out introduction of bluegrass banjo for those younger, actually anyage, beginners who have no experience with stringed instruments let alone the banjo. I am happy with the way it came out and am hopeful for its success.
I have several other projects in the works
* the release of the Sam and Alan, Together Again for the First Time album in CD format. This is a long unavailable product that is many peoples favorites. It is a superior album for Sam Bush fans. He is fantastic. It has many original instrumentals by both Sam and me.
* the release of a book/CD of my favorite of my albums In The Tradition.
* the release of a book/CD tunes associated with the Country Gazette album Strictly Instrumental
* the release of a book/CD of Poor Richard's Almanac. This is the first recording for Sam Bush, Wayne Stewart, and me. We did this in Wayne's grandmother's house in Hopkinsville, Ky in 1969 just before I was to leave for the draft (they turned me down). It is cited in Neil Rosenberg's book Bluegrass: A History as a seminal recording.
* the inclusion of downloadable video instructional lessons on my web site. I teach "Peaches and Cream," "Uncle Clooney Played the Banjo" "The Virginia Boys" (a tune in B flat) and others. What tunes would like to see in this format?
* I have a busy performance and workshop schedule.
Forr all the above and much more see www.almundesbanjocollege.com
Thanks, Alan Munde
Tuesday, March 3, 2009 @4:30:15 PM
Alan wrote: What tunes would like to see in this format?
Hank The Cowdog's Blues....this might put me back in good graces with my 14 year old daughter;)
Friday, July 17, 2009 @10:44:25 AM
alan munde Says:
Wednesday, August 19, 2009 @11:47:59 AM
I'll see what I can find. I don't remember exactly what I did but maybe I wrote it out. Again I will check. Thanks, Alan
Monday, November 2, 2009 @9:29:05 PM
Look down that long lonesome road is my all time favorite!
You must sign into your myHangout account before you can post comments.
'Gibson years' 36 min