Banjo Hangout Logo
Banjo Hangout Logo

Premier Sponsors


Oct 10, 2026 - 2:46:24 AM
45710 posts since 3/5/2008

Is the best place to set the neck hight..in relation to the head hight?

Mostly..I have seen the neck slightly above or even to the head hight..
While I am at it what about the neck angle in this relationship?

I know that 2° to 3° is the norm..

Thankyou.

Oct 10, 2026 - 5:16:08 AM

5835 posts since 11/20/2004

The higher the neck is, the more room you have between the strings and the head for pick clearance. I set mine about the thickness of the fingerboard above level. Neck angle is then adjusted depending on bridge height and desired string height above frets.

Oct 10, 2026 - 5:37:53 AM

martyjoe

Ireland

996 posts since 3/24/2020

Level with the head and 5 degree neck angle on an eleven inch pot is fairly standard these days

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Privacy Consent (EU/GDPR Only)

Copyright 2026 Banjo Hangout. All Rights Reserved.





Hangout Network Help

View All Topics  |  View Categories

4.882813E-02