Banjo Hangout Logo
Banjo Hangout Logo

Premier Sponsors


Oct 7, 2026 - 11:47:32 AM
likes this
443 posts since 5/29/2006

Place called Wood & Wire just opened in Evanston. Primarily guitars but a nice selection of banjos - Cole, Fairbanks, SS Stewart, Bob Flesher etc.

Website: woodandwire.net

Oct 7, 2026 - 12:17:21 PM
likes this

1390 posts since 10/31/2007

Nice stuff. Reasonable prices.

Oct 7, 2026 - 1:05:45 PM
like this

ssduke

USA

103 posts since 2/2/2008

Here's a link to the banjo inventory.

woodandwire.net/collections/vi...ck-banjos

Many come from the estate of a single owner. Some interesting one-offs that were collaborations of that collector, Bob Flesher and Mike Ramsey, and the collector and Bob Flesher.

I know the store owner from his days as CEO of the Old Town School of Folk Music. He's a fair, smart, stand-up guy. I have no financial or other interest in the store.

Edited by - ssduke on 10/07/2026 13:06:33

Oct 7, 2026 - 2:29:09 PM

KCJones

USA

4009 posts since 8/30/2012

$4k for a WL #2? c'mon man be reasonable.

Oct 7, 2026 - 3:12:37 PM

93 posts since 2/12/2023

Needs more lutes.

Oct 8, 2026 - 8:37:33 AM
Players Union Member

Mark D

USA

105 posts since 7/8/2006

Nice site, but limited pictures and spec info.
Some good prices, some head scratchers !

Oct 8, 2026 - 1:08:56 PM

2694 posts since 5/19/2018

So just what I needed, seeing that I have absolutely swore off any more instruments and am now on the side of looking to trim the collection down to the essentials.

That Liberty Buck Dancer is an excellent deal. Always wanted one of those…. Maybe I should …..

2,000 for a F2? Also reasonable.

Thanks for pointing out the site.

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Privacy Consent (EU/GDPR Only)

Copyright 2026 Banjo Hangout. All Rights Reserved.





Hangout Network Help

View All Topics  |  View Categories

0.3085938