Banjo Hangout Logo
Banjo Hangout Logo

Premier Sponsors


Oct 7, 2026 - 12:40:44 AM
732 posts since 12/26/2006

Banjo friends
I am just looking at a Banjo listed on the above website. I have not heard of them before. I asked for string height on a higher end Banjo ( Stelling ) and was advised 1\16th at the 12th fret.... 1/8th at 22nd. First off 12th fret height is way low.... even though 1/8th is right at 22nd....

I have asked then to check that. Any input on this dealer ?

Cheers
David

Oct 7, 2026 - 7:50:23 AM
like this

369 posts since 11/30/2021

Banjo Studio is reputable. I have purchased a banjo through them before and had a great experience. David, the owner answered any questions I had promptly and the banjo shipped almost immediately after purchase.

Oct 7, 2026 - 8:16:53 AM
likes this

95 posts since 1/18/2025

Definitely reputable, but I don't think they sell a lot of bluegrass banjos or used bluegrass banjos. Probably should be around 7/64ths at the 12th on that model.

Oct 7, 2026 - 3:28:11 PM
likes this

1273 posts since 2/17/2005

When they were in New Orleans (where I live), I had several Hangout members reach out to me VERY frustrated at the lack of contact and actual brick and mortar experience....Never had any interaction with the fellow myself but I know that it was not a real store, just his house.

Oct 7, 2026 - 9:36:10 PM

28 posts since 6/9/2026

Banjo Studio has been great with 2 banjo purchases. Fast replies, fast shipping and pleasant to deal with.

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Privacy Consent (EU/GDPR Only)

Copyright 2026 Banjo Hangout. All Rights Reserved.





Hangout Network Help

View All Topics  |  View Categories

0.0625