Banjo Hangout Logo
Banjo Hangout Logo

Premier Sponsors


Sep 30, 2026 - 11:43:59 PM
30130 posts since 6/25/2005

…..of which there are too many—more than a dozen; most were rarely played, and not at all any more. Except for a 2007 Huber Lancaster, all are quality openbacks, most with steel strings, tone rings and frets. They range in age from 1880 or so to 2024. Maybe three I bought new; most came with varyinng degrees of use. A couple are perhaps collectible, though I bought them with playing in mind. For the most part, I’ll be consigning them at Gryphon in Palo Alto. The logistics of selling and shipping that number of banjos is more than I can handle these days. I will let Gryphon decide how many to dump on the market, and when. I’m going to try to have them over there in time for the Christmas market, if there is such a thing for openback 5-strings. I will keep a couple or three instruments for such playing as I still do. … I know too, that I have some “project” banjos—potentially playable with some ordinary work—that I may sell through the Classifieds. Assuming this effort reaches fruition, I’ll keep y’all posted; perhaps we’ll learn something about the state of at least a segment of the used banjo market.

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Privacy Consent (EU/GDPR Only)

Copyright 2026 Banjo Hangout. All Rights Reserved.





Hangout Network Help

View All Topics  |  View Categories

5.297852E-02