Banjo Hangout Logo
Banjo Hangout Logo

Premier Sponsors


Sep 30, 2026 - 11:37:31 PM
25 posts since 7/5/2013

Hi all, I could use some advice. My 5th string peg is sitting on the top neck cradle of my hard case. I know not ideal but it is that soft foam on a newer crossrock case.

Is this going to be an issue? If so, what's the best way to fix it?

There are a couple screws on the outside that hold the wood block next to the neck cradle but I'm guessing there's some glue in there too. To fix it I would need to rescrew the neck cradle further up and use contact cement for regluing?

Otherwise the case fits perfect. I work on instruments but never messed with cases. Thanks.


 

Oct 1, 2026 - 5:52:05 AM
likes this

191 posts since 1/13/2005

Take the banjo and case to an furniture upholster. Show the problem. Hope this helps.

Oct 1, 2026 - 6:39:29 AM
likes this

1699 posts since 1/26/2011

My 5th string tuners are on the neck support of both my Calton cases and my Price case. I haven’t experienced any problems. But I may not understand exactly what you’re describing is happening.

Oct 1, 2026 - 7:40:43 PM

Damnjoe

USA

25 posts since 7/5/2013

Yeah, 5th string tuner on that neck support thing in the case, like in the picture. Well, maybe I'm overthinking it. It doesn't seem like it's giving much pressure since the foam is soft there. It does make it so I have to retune that string when I take it out again. But I could live with that if no bigger issues.

@banjobob36 I don't have a furniture upholster anywhere close to where I live, good idea though. Thanks.

Edited by - Damnjoe on 10/01/2026 19:45:15

Oct 1, 2026 - 7:59:22 PM
like this

160 posts since 12/8/2011

I had the exact same issue with a crossrock case. I just took out the screws and re-positioned the supports where I wanted them. There was either a) no glue or b) minimal, weak glue (like hot glue). Deciding on a position for the supports and lining them up to preserve the accessory box took some brainpower but the actual work was as simple as it looked.

Just take out the screws. If the pieces don't immediately lift out, put the screws back and try something else

Edited by - Barnacle Joe on 10/01/2026 20:00:21

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Privacy Consent (EU/GDPR Only)

Copyright 2026 Banjo Hangout. All Rights Reserved.





Hangout Network Help

View All Topics  |  View Categories

0.265625