Banjo Hangout Logo
Banjo Hangout Logo

Premier Sponsors


Sep 30, 2026 - 12:55:22 PM

GStump

USA

782 posts since 9/12/2006

Can anyone identify the manufacturer of this tension hoop? I can't remember where this came from; or when I obtained it. Hopefully the pictures might assist. I have had this hoop for many years, and what I can tell or say about it - it's obviously very well made. It does appear to be new, as there are absolutely NO marks on it anywhere indicating it has ever been used, especially in the notches where the hooks will sit. The plating is very good, and it is very square and plumb, meaning NOT out of round. There is a "roundish" or bevel where it would contact the head on the bottom side at the head mounting band (so as to prevent cutting into the head) and most interesting of all is the very pronounced lathe marks or "lines" cut into the inside of the hoop. It is, in case anyone is wondering, a standard 11" inside / standard Gibson tension hoop specs. Any help is greatly appreciated!!


Edited by - GStump on 09/30/2026 12:56:34

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Privacy Consent (EU/GDPR Only)

Copyright 2026 Banjo Hangout. All Rights Reserved.





Hangout Network Help

View All Topics  |  View Categories

0.140625