Banjo Hangout Logo
Banjo Hangout Logo

Premier Sponsors


Sep 29, 2026 - 4:46:33 PM
like this
2 posts since 8/26/2026

Hello!
 

I’ve read the guidance for requesting a tab so I’ll try to be a thorough as I can be.

If it’s possible, I’d like a bluegrass Scruggs style tab for the song ‘Every Little Cell in my Body is Happy’. My wife is in chemo and she is singing it constantly and I’d like to learn it for her.

Something similar to this version? https://youtu.be/C6ox_VO-ej4?feature=shared

I’m an absolute beginner!

Would it be possible in open G? Or just as close to beginner level as possible?

 

Thank you!

Sep 29, 2026 - 5:30:46 PM
likes this
Players Union Member

dbrooks

USA

5152 posts since 3/11/2004

I'd love to help you, but I write clawhammer tab. The tune is nearly identical to "Shortnin' Bread," and there are several tabs in the Tab Archive, including Scruggs style. I fear they may be tough for you to follow. There are some generous people on this site, and I'm sure you'll get some help soon.

David

Sep 30, 2026 - 5:18:28 AM
likes this

7946 posts since 11/4/2005

quote:
Originally posted by Odlaw1965

Hello!
 

I’ve read the guidance for requesting a tab so I’ll try to be a thorough as I can be.

If it’s possible, I’d like a bluegrass Scruggs style tab for the song ‘Every Little Cell in my Body is Happy’. My wife is in chemo and she is singing it constantly and I’d like to learn it for her.

Something similar to this version? https://youtu.be/C6ox_VO-ej4?feature=shared

I’m an absolute beginner!

Would it be possible in open G? Or just as close to beginner level as possible?

 

Thank you!


Simon, my late wife went through almost two years of chemo over 30 years ago, and I will never forget how hard it was.  You are doing your very best to support her; keep it up every day, because that support is so very important.  Every little bit counts.

I do believe the melody in the cartoon video you linked to is the melody of Shortnin' Bread, or one of them, anyway.  As it happens, I worked out a fairly simple version of Shortin Bread in G tuning not very long ago, and put up a video on YouTube.  It starts on the high part, and it uses the 6th note of the scale, the E note found on the 1st string, 2nd fret, while many versions stick to the D, the open 1st string.  Also, it starts on the high part.  But I think it is otherwise pretty close to your melody.  I will be happy to tinker with the tab if need be, but I suspect you can adjust the arrangement yourself as you see fit.  The links are below:

Shortnin Bread YouTube Video

Shortnin Bread Tabledit Tab

Shortnin Bread PDF Tab 

I wish you and your wife a good outcome.

- Don B.  


Edited by - Don Borchelt on 09/30/2026 05:21:11

Sep 30, 2026 - 6:56 AM

2 posts since 8/26/2026

Hello Don
First off, thank you for your kind words! This is my wife's 4th course of chemo in 7 years. She's doing well. She's a fighter!
I am so sorry to hear about your late wife's battle with cancer. I can't begin to describe how much I hate this disease! 
 
On to more cheerful topics! Thank you for the links below. I will check them out. I really appreciate you sending them and I might well reach out with another question or two. There is so much to learn about the banjo but I am loving every moment of it!
All the best, Simon 
quote:
Originally posted by Don Borchelt
quote:
Originally posted by Odlaw1965

Hello!
 

I’ve read the guidance for requesting a tab so I’ll try to be a thorough as I can be.

If it’s possible, I’d like a bluegrass Scruggs style tab for the song ‘Every Little Cell in my Body is Happy’. My wife is in chemo and she is singing it constantly and I’d like to learn it for her.

Something similar to this version? https://youtu.be/C6ox_VO-ej4?feature=shared

I’m an absolute beginner!

Would it be possible in open G? Or just as close to beginner level as possible?

 

Thank you!


Simon, my late wife went through almost two years of chemo over 30 years ago, and I will never forget how hard it was.  You are doing your very best to support her; keep it up every day, because that support is so very important.  Every little bit counts.

I do believe the melody in the cartoon video you linked to is the melody of Shortnin' Bread, or one of them, anyway.  As it happens, I worked out a fairly simple version of Shortin Bread in G tuning not very long ago, and put up a video on YouTube.  It starts on the high part, and it uses the 6th note of the scale, the E note found on the 1st string, 2nd fret, while many versions stick to the D, the open 1st string.  Also, it starts on the high part.  But I think it is otherwise pretty close to your melody.  I will be happy to tinker with the tab if need be, but I suspect you can adjust the arrangement yourself as you see fit.  The links are below:

Shortnin Bread YouTube Video

Shortnin Bread Tabledit Tab

Shortnin Bread PDF Tab 

I wish you and your wife a good outcome.

- Don B.  


Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Privacy Consent (EU/GDPR Only)

Copyright 2026 Banjo Hangout. All Rights Reserved.





Hangout Network Help

View All Topics  |  View Categories

0.3535156