Banjo Hangout Logo
Banjo Hangout Logo

Premier Sponsors


Sep 29, 2026 - 6:56:08 AM
76 posts since 9/27/2023

Hello Hangout Friends,
Need Help Identifying This Plate, No Markings, I Know It Is Brass
Any Help Appreciated!


 

Sep 29, 2026 - 1:32:38 PM
like this

NickPug

USA

31 posts since 12/30/2023

Looks like it might be a flange for an Ode banjo

Sep 29, 2026 - 4:44:42 PM
likes this

banjonz

New Zealand

12960 posts since 6/29/2003

Some Japanese instruments (Maya) from the 70's had the same flange. I can't recall if it was a 2 piece.

Sep 29, 2026 - 9:33:34 PM

7002 posts since 5/29/2011

My first thought was Ode. Wayne is right, some Asian made banjos have a flange with the holes like this one. If you're certain that it's brass, I would think Ode. Asian flanges are usually steel.

Sep 30, 2026 - 7:45:53 AM
Players Union Member

TLG

USA

1915 posts since 10/11/2004

Asian. I have one now & I think it's steel metal.
Ode/Baldwin used only 2 style flanges, heavy cast brass for the "B", "C" & "D" & 24 individual pieces which shaped the ODE style flange holes

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Privacy Consent (EU/GDPR Only)

Copyright 2026 Banjo Hangout. All Rights Reserved.





Hangout Network Help

View All Topics  |  View Categories

0.1484375