Banjo Hangout Logo
Banjo Hangout Logo

Premier Sponsors


Sep 28, 2026 - 6:34:22 PM

CheapBanjo

Australia

7 posts since 9/28/2026

I just received a very cheap, but astoundingly well made, banjo (banjitar) made in China.  I could not be happy with how well it is made.  I had to do nothing at all except put the bridge under the strings and tune it up.  Frets are level, action is good, fit and finish is beautiful, neat bindings, great finish and the sound is good. The unknown brand name is a name used by a local company for cheap musical instruments, I would bet they buy generic instruments and just have their name added.




Sep 30, 2026 - 1:54:12 PM

banjonz

New Zealand

12960 posts since 6/29/2003

I am uncertain of the process, but I believe if a distributor wants an instrument with their logo on it, the factory requires a minimum order of units. These, like other banjos are made unbranded.

Sep 30, 2026 - 3:10:10 PM

CheapBanjo

Australia

7 posts since 9/28/2026

I guess they must either, order enough to get it done,or have a process to add their name then. The good thing is that, either way, the factory is making very large numbers of these, and is probably largely automated, hence the quality has improved to the point where we can get a nice instrument quite cheaply.

I took it to a jam session yesterday and played it for about 2 hours straight. Everyone was impressed.

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Privacy Consent (EU/GDPR Only)

Copyright 2026 Banjo Hangout. All Rights Reserved.





Hangout Network Help

View All Topics  |  View Categories

0.1132813