Banjo Hangout Logo
Banjo Hangout Logo

Premier Sponsors


Sep 28, 2026 - 5:12:31 AM
360 posts since 7/25/2013

Sep 28, 2026 - 7:01:36 AM

174 posts since 6/30/2020

Your tone is awesome with that pick! Gabe Hirschfeld sounded great too.

I have tried to get that pick to work for me so many times but it tends to sound a bit too bright and strident on the 5th string for the way I play. Do you find that it wears down and becomes any less bright with time? I like the sound on the 4th string and the fit of it.

I've been playing with the Golden Gates for a while because I also prefer the comfort of an all plastic pick.

Sep 28, 2026 - 8:48:58 AM

16784 posts since 10/30/2008

I admire the thought and effort that Eli put into this demo. He sounds GREAT, but I think that's his right hand.

Through computer speakers, I can't hear a whit of difference in any of those picks.

I use Golden Gate clown barf picks. They're not as cheap as they used to be! And they're aren't as many music stores when you can try on a dozen or so to buy 3 or 4! I won't buy any expensive thumbpick no matter what it "sounds" like (see Chet Atkins) because I couldn't bear the heartache of LOSING one in the grass at a festival or under a piece of heavy furniture.

I'll keep my eyes open for Gabe's/Eli's recommended yellowish Dunlop.

Thank you Eli!

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Privacy Consent (EU/GDPR Only)

Copyright 2026 Banjo Hangout. All Rights Reserved.





Hangout Network Help

View All Topics  |  View Categories

0.1757813