Banjo Hangout Logo
Banjo Hangout Logo

Premier Sponsors


Sep 24, 2026 - 8:17:15 PM
39 posts since 7/29/2026

I once saw a listing somewhere for a mute that went behind the head between the rod and the back of the head. It was wood and had adjustable height/tension.

I remember it being advertised as being "more than a mute" as you could more directly control volume, tone, sustain based on position and tension (directly under the bridge for volume effect).

I've played around with the idea just using my hands and random stuff and it seems like something I would like to try out. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

Sep 24, 2026 - 8:24:33 PM
likes this

7123 posts since 3/6/2006

quote:Originally posted by jwwallaceI once saw a listing somewhere for a mute that went behind the head between the rod and the back of the head. It was wood and had adjustable height/tension.

I remember it being advertised as being "more than a mute" as you could more directly control volume, tone, sustain based on position and tension (directly under the bridge for volume effect).

I've played around with the idea just using my hands and random stuff and it seems like something I would like to try out. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

Ask Joel Hooks

Sep 24, 2026 - 8:24:47 PM
like this

slou92

USA

674 posts since 7/24/2003

Sep 25, 2026 - 5:23:48 AM

39 posts since 7/29/2026

Yep, that would do, esp for $20. Ordered.

I remember it looking different but it was the same idea. I think there may be someone making a similar concept with a different design. Or I'm just misremembering.

Edited by - jwwallace on 09/25/2026 05:24:10

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Privacy Consent (EU/GDPR Only)

Copyright 2026 Banjo Hangout. All Rights Reserved.





Hangout Network Help

View All Topics  |  View Categories

0.2659912