Banjo Hangout Logo
Banjo Hangout Logo

Premier Sponsors


Page:  First Page   1  2

Aug 8, 2026 - 6:23:11 PM

Helix

USA

17764 posts since 8/30/2006

As suggested, get a banjo stand

It doesn’t amaze me that people want you to know what THEY do

Eddie Alcock was a true Country Gentlemen’s innovator

Get a stand

Aug 9, 2026 - 8:03:33 PM
likes this

3289 posts since 2/12/2005

Well, I successfully stood for our show today. With the distributed two strap system that I concocted, I felt fine at the end. This was the first show that I stood up for in about 5 years. I posted photographs up above.

Aug 16, 2026 - 9:55:59 AM

glsmi

USA

731 posts since 4/28/2005

A hoop banjo or prewar ball bearing are quite a bit lighter. Style 1 or 100 gibson. I play a 1926 ball bearing and it is so much more comfortable than full tone ring banjo

Aug 17, 2026 - 12:08:31 PM

12 posts since 10/21/2019

The trapezius muscle holds the shoulders up and raises them. Exercise this muscle and holding a banjo is much easier. Hold a dumbell in each hand down by your sides, and raise and lower your shoulders only. Start with low weight and work up to a higher weight. You'll want to work up to at least 25 lbs in each hand for ten to twelve reps. Works for me, and I'm 80 years old.

Page:  First Page   1  2

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Privacy Consent (EU/GDPR Only)

Copyright 2026 Banjo Hangout. All Rights Reserved.





Hangout Network Help

View All Topics  |  View Categories

0.1523438