Banjo Hangout Logo
Banjo Hangout Logo

Premier Sponsors

Banjo Lovers Online

May 21, 2024 - 12:30:49 PM
619 posts since 1/8/2005

Got a hold of this "clip on" armrest. I assume that they only work for some but not all banjos? Can anyone explain how they attach? If they are any good?

May 21, 2024 - 12:56:55 PM
like this
Players Union Member



6299 posts since 10/12/2009

You asking about these old Elton armrests?

First, they only work with grooved tension hoops, not notched tension hoops.

You need to loosen 2 J-hooks that match up with the armrest "clips" at the spot where you want the armrest to be.

Then you set the clips into the groove of the tension hoop, either above or below the hooks, then you have to slide the arm rest in the proper direction, so that that the "hook" part of the J hook slides over the open part of the clip, then tighten the nuts on the J hooks to pull the clip down into the groove of the tension hoop, thus securing the armrest into position. 

Probably hard to visualize from what I've written, but believe me, it will be even harder to actually put the armrest on ! 

I have these old Eltons on a couple of Gibson shoe-bracket/flange plate TB1 conversion, and I really like them after I finally got the mounted.


Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Privacy Consent
Copyright 2024 Banjo Hangout. All Rights Reserved.

Hangout Network Help

View All Topics  |  View Categories