Banjo Hangout Logo
Banjo Hangout Logo

Premier Sponsors

178
Banjo Lovers Online


Dec 4, 2022 - 4:10:30 PM

mander

USA

5038 posts since 10/7/2007

My son cooked the bacon today. He knows how to cook it just right. He currently is feeling very guilty because he ate most of it while I was at work and only saved me two pieces. I should assuage his guilt by confessing I was waiting for him to go out of town before I cooked it. I should. I don't always do as I should, though.

For years I thought my husband was better at sharing than any human being I'd ever met. Then I found his secret stashes. Oh.

For the most part I'm good at sharing. I don't always remember to share, but I don't mind doing it when I think on it.

How about you? What things do you like to share and what do you not?

Dec 4, 2022 - 4:51:03 PM
like this

13798 posts since 1/15/2005

I don't mind sharing, but it irks me a bit (lot actually) when I ask her at a fast food place if she wants french fries, she says "no", and then wants me to share mine!

Dec 5, 2022 - 12:12:13 PM

11790 posts since 8/22/2006
Online Now

My wife and I have a secret. She knows I do not like to eat off of someone else’s plate but she always ask if I want to try something of her’s. I know she knows this and my answer to her asking is always a no but the jester of asking is more important than me reaching over and grabbing a bite. And I reciprocate.

Dec 5, 2022 - 12:28:59 PM

13798 posts since 1/15/2005

quote:
Originally posted by BanjoLink

I don't mind sharing, but it irks me a bit (lot actually) when I ask her at a fast food place if she wants french fries, she says "no", and then wants me to share mine!


To clarify, the "her" being my wife.  I always tell her I will buy her anything she wants, just don't ask for mine after we order.

Dec 5, 2022 - 12:59:28 PM

4622 posts since 4/22/2018

quote:
Originally posted by BanjoLink
quote:
Originally posted by BanjoLink

I don't mind sharing, but it irks me a bit (lot actually) when I ask her at a fast food place if she wants french fries, she says "no", and then wants me to share mine!


To clarify, the "her" being my wife.  I always tell her I will buy her anything she wants, just don't ask for mine after we order.


John, I can't believe this - I just posted a clip on another forum  from a brilliant British comedy program that explains this conundrum perfectly  

Lamb Bhuna

Dec 5, 2022 - 1:50:17 PM

13798 posts since 1/15/2005

quote:
Originally posted by Wet Spaniel
quote:
Originally posted by BanjoLink
quote:
Originally posted by BanjoLink

I don't mind sharing, but it irks me a bit (lot actually) when I ask her at a fast food place if she wants french fries, she says "no", and then wants me to share mine!


To clarify, the "her" being my wife.  I always tell her I will buy her anything she wants, just don't ask for mine after we order.


John, I can't believe this - I just posted a clip on another forum  from a brilliant British comedy program that explains this conundrum perfectly  

Lamb Bhuna


That's it!

Dec 5, 2022 - 2:16:32 PM
Players Union Member

Texasbanjo (Moderator)

USA

28235 posts since 8/3/2003

Mander, I see no reason for you to tell your son you were going to cook the bacon after he left. You didn't get the chance, so why confess to something you were unable to do.

I enjoy sharing and will share food with anyone who asks. In fact, I enjoy baking cookies or bread and sharing it with my friends and acquaintances. If I'm cooking and someone comes over, I always ask if they want to eat as there's usually enough to go around or I'll add something to there will be plenty.

Be thankful your son saved you two slices. A lot of people would have cooked it all and ate it all. Shows you have a thoughtful son.

Dec 5, 2022 - 2:24:04 PM

Owen

Canada

12324 posts since 6/5/2011

I bought some frozen pizzas a bit ago. Never noticed 'til time to cook them, but a couple of them had olives in the topping.  I tried to "share" the olives with my wife, but nuthin' doing, so we shared them right into the compost container.  cheeky

[Fwiw, we shared the olive-less pizza.]

Edited by - Owen on 12/05/2022 14:29:18

Dec 5, 2022 - 3:03:09 PM

RonR

USA

2000 posts since 11/29/2012

My wife shares everything but the chocolate syrup and whipped cream that is reserved for chocolate martinis and magic coffees.

Dec 6, 2022 - 11:40:33 PM

Paul R

Canada

16369 posts since 1/28/2010

Around here, sharing usually takes the form of clearing the snow from a neighbour's driveway.

Out to dinner, the Mrs, orders hers and I order mine, and we have different tastes, so no issue except for the occasional sharing of a salad. At home, if we're entertaining, the Mrs. usually prepares enough food to feed an army.

I often let others play my instruments - often my '72 L'Arrivee. However it's an offer to share - don't grab it without my consent (I think this would apply to anyone else's instrument as well). One time, at the Bluegrass jam, banjo player Mary picked it up, thinking she was playing someone else's guitar. She was horrified and very apologetic when she realized what she'd grabbed (I didn't say anything). I just found the situation funny. She's a super generous person and the exception to my hands off rule.

Hangout Network Help

View All Topics  |  View Categories

0.1875