Banjo Hangout Logo
Banjo Hangout Logo

Premier Sponsors

Banjo Lovers Online

Aug 9, 2022 - 9:02:46 PM
231 posts since 7/22/2003

I have been out of banjo playing and building for a number of years, and I have noticed that many of the parts stores that I relied on online are gone now. I need a Archtop banjo head and I can't find one. Anyone know where I can buy one? Any help will be greatly appreciated.


Aug 9, 2022 - 9:23:09 PM
likes this

4590 posts since 5/29/2011

Bob Smakula. He is a member here and has a great selection of banjo parts and heads.

Aug 10, 2022 - 2:01:07 AM



23068 posts since 7/6/2005

Archtop? Do you mean low crown?

Aug 10, 2022 - 2:29:15 AM

264 posts since 1/26/2003

Sullivan Banjo has what you need.

Aug 10, 2022 - 4:20:11 AM

3072 posts since 4/7/2010

I have plenty of 11" low crown Remo heads in stock and in almost every film type that Remo manufactures.

Bob Smakula

Aug 10, 2022 - 8:37:42 AM

10009 posts since 8/28/2013

"Arch top head" is a new one to me. Heads don't come "arched." The banjo itself determines whether the head becomes flat or arched.

Please speak to Bob Smakula. He can and will help.

Aug 10, 2022 - 9:04:43 AM
Players Union Member

Eric A


1602 posts since 10/15/2019

According to the Stew-Mac site, archtop banjos use low crown heads.

Aug 10, 2022 - 9:11:49 AM

Bart Veerman


5298 posts since 1/5/2005

Originally posted by Eric A

According to the Stew-Mac site, archtop banjos use low crown heads.

Except Framus, they need medium crown.

Hide these ads: join the Players Union!

Hangout Network Help

View All Topics  |  View Categories