Banjo Hangout Logo
Banjo Hangout Logo

Premier Sponsors

666
Banjo Lovers Online


Hide these ads: join the Players Union!
Jun 26, 2022 - 12:45:25 PM
like this
Players Union Member

rinemb

USA

14742 posts since 5/24/2005

I finished my wife’s bolo. Using 4mm braid instead of the 6mm on mine. Same fine silver over jewelers bronze but a variation on size and shape. The tips are smaller diameter to snuggly fit on the 4mm bolo braid. (I got in some 2 ga Sterling silver wire and I am ready to forge a silver horseshoe-ish shaped tongue and bar belt buckle , I experimented with copper first to make most of my mistakes on it.). Brad




Jun 26, 2022 - 2:06:15 PM
likes this
Players Union Member

Texasbanjo (Moderator)

USA

27555 posts since 8/3/2003

Excellent work! Nice looking bolos

Jun 26, 2022 - 7:20:51 PM
Players Union Member

rinemb

USA

14742 posts since 5/24/2005

Thank you, Sherry. I will likely where mine close to the neck, my wife will likely where hers with the slide down more like a necklace.
I believe the state necktie in Texas, New Mexico, and Arizona is the bolo tie.
Brad

Jun 27, 2022 - 7:58:25 AM

13270 posts since 1/15/2005

Nice job Brad ……. not too many around here wear them, but my old antique dealer friend from California wore his often. I wish more people here would wear them ……. great with western clothing!

Jun 27, 2022 - 9:09:22 AM
likes this

Buddur

USA

3300 posts since 10/23/2004

Very nice.

Is a banjo bolo next on your list?

Jun 27, 2022 - 9:32:19 AM
Players Union Member

rinemb

USA

14742 posts since 5/24/2005

quote:
Originally posted by Buddur

Very nice.

Is a banjo bolo next on your list?


Well, I had not thought of that, but, hmmmm?  Brad

Jun 27, 2022 - 9:36:37 AM
likes this
Players Union Member

rinemb

USA

14742 posts since 5/24/2005

quote:
Originally posted by BanjoLink

Nice job Brad ……. not too many around here wear them, but my old antique dealer friend from California wore his often. I wish more people here would wear them ……. great with western clothing!


I have not worn "western" clothing in 30 years, but I bought a white Wrangler shirt, and changed the white buttons to black buttons.   And ordered a couple barely western belts to put the barely western silver buckle I am making on them.  I may buy a barely western Stetson "Open Road."  

My wife says if I want to go boot-scootin and two-steppin, I am own my own.  Just don't bring anything home.  ;-)  Brad

Jun 27, 2022 - 12:26:24 PM

13270 posts since 1/15/2005

quote:
Originally posted by rinemb
quote:
Originally posted by BanjoLink

Nice job Brad ……. not too many around here wear them, but my old antique dealer friend from California wore his often. I wish more people here would wear them ……. great with western clothing!


I have not worn "western" clothing in 30 years, but I bought a white Wrangler shirt, and changed the white buttons to black buttons.   And ordered a couple barely western belts to put the barely western silver buckle I am making on them.  I may buy a barely western Stetson "Open Road."  

My wife says if I want to go boot-scootin and two-steppin, I am own my own.  Just don't bring anything home.  ;-)  Brad


Funny ....... but I don't wear western attire, but I absolutely love going in western shops out west and looking around.  There is a particular shop in Lincoln, Nebraska that I have been in numerous times and probably never spent a dime.  I particularly like the boot section and the section where they custom fit hats.  I would buy some boots in a minute if I could ever find a pair that fit.  My arch is so high that I would probably have to have some custom made.  I think the guy that took over making Dunn Boots charges about $3000 for a basic pair. His fancy boots and exotic skins go sky high.

Jun 28, 2022 - 3:24:57 AM
likes this
Players Union Member

rinemb

USA

14742 posts since 5/24/2005

John, we must have the same feets. And yes, that shop in Lincoln was a stop for me every summer. In Wichita, we had Shepler’s, a giant western wear shop with good quality stuff and fashion. Huge boot dept with pro sales staff, same with hats. No it’s a “Boot Barn” with too much crappy stuff, imho. Brad

Jun 28, 2022 - 5:10:13 AM

STUD

USA

36094 posts since 3/5/2008

Really nice lookin job done there Brad..

Hide these ads: join the Players Union!
Hide these ads: join the Players Union!

Hangout Network Help

View All Topics  |  View Categories

0.15625