Banjo Hangout Logo
Banjo Hangout Logo

Premier Sponsors

1220
Banjo Lovers Online


Nov 30, 2021 - 10:52:29 PM
like this

Paul R

Canada

15394 posts since 1/28/2010

Good dark and early morning from warming (slightly) Kingston, Ontario. It's 2C now and will hit 4C later, with 30% chance of showers. That means 70% chance of no showers. Three more weeks and the days start getting longer. Yesterday was the "inspection" procedure at the hospital in Napanee. All went smoothly except for getting picked up by the Mrs., whose phone had died and said she'd pick me up at four (I wasn't allowed to drive after anesthetic). Staff were concerned 'cause I was supposed to be released earlier, but all ended well. We were going to have dinner at J&P's in Bath but it was closed, so we had dinner at the Pasta Shelf in Kingston, driving in a wet snowfall. After not eating since Saturday, I pigged out.

"It was forty years ago today" that Bruce Cockburn and his band played the Fox Theatre on the Danforth in Toronto. Jazz flutist Kathryn Moses sang "Mama Just Wants to Barrelhouse".

Have a great day!


Nov 30, 2021 - 10:58:54 PM
like this

chuckv97

Canada

61596 posts since 10/5/2013
Online Now

G’mornin’ from the foothills of the northern Rockies. A slightly cooler day , highs around 42*F. A view of Calgary from the edge of the northwest suburbs.


 

Dec 1, 2021 - 3:07:50 AM
like this

heavy5

USA

2031 posts since 11/3/2016

Good morning all .
Glad your procedure went well Paul !
Headed out this AM about 80 miles east w/ the old Tacoma to buy an air compressor .

Enjoy your day !

Dec 1, 2021 - 4:39:17 AM
likes this
Players Union Member

OM45GE

USA

111890 posts since 11/7/2007

Have a wonderful Wednesday everyone.

Ditto on your procedure Paul.

On a nearby hill there is a concrete tower covered with various antennas. Several are rounded domes. I’d always wondered what was inside the dome and now I know.




Dec 1, 2021 - 9:35:17 AM
like this

3964 posts since 7/8/2010

Good day to all. Paul, glad your procedure went ok.
Jake and I went to the park this am. Feels good to be appreciated by an animal.

Dec 1, 2021 - 4:03:37 PM
likes this

58626 posts since 12/14/2005

Good EVENING from my humble abode.
Two shows with the Golden Tones senior chorus, with a large lunch between.
Then a final walk-through of the house I'm buying Friday.
Then a couple hours reading and responding to e-mails.

Really want a NAP!
But took my pre-supper pills, so I'd better eat supper first.

(After that lunch, not very hungry, but must eat something, to keep the pills happy.)

Dec 1, 2021 - 5:00:43 PM
likes this

bubbalouie

Canada

15679 posts since 9/27/2007
Online Now

Paul I had the same problem with a dead cell phone when I got a colonoscopy. Wife gave her cell & landline.

I'm always early for everything so I get moved ahead a lot when somebody doesn't show . They told her what time to come back. I got out way early & found a nice chair by the window. I realized why they didn't want you to drive! 

I was sitting there just fine & the nice nurse said she couldn't get hold of her. She kept calling. I asked her what number she was using. Dead cell. Called the landline & she came & got me!

I think the nurses were thinking " That poor old man. He's been abandoned!

They kept saying 'you must be hungry. Want a cookie or some juice?" No Thanks!

Terry picked me up & we went for fish & chips! 

Hangout Network Help

View All Topics  |  View Categories

0.171875