Banjo Hangout Logo
Banjo Hangout Logo

Premier Sponsors

894
Banjo Lovers Online


Nov 30, 2021 - 6:36:37 AM
Players Union Member

DC5

USA

22003 posts since 6/30/2015
Online Now

Yesterday's email has a message with no subject from abuse@hangoutnetwork.com. I'm assuming this is either a phishing email, or some other scam, since there was no subject line. Just a warning to others. I did not open the email, and will be sending it to my spam folder.

Has anyone else received one of these?

Nov 30, 2021 - 6:55:21 AM

58619 posts since 12/14/2005

Not yet.
Thanks for the warning.

Nov 30, 2021 - 8:10:06 AM

Texasbanjo (Moderator)

USA

26689 posts since 8/3/2003

Looks like spam to me by just the e-mail address. I think you did right in not opening it and I hope no one else who gets one opens it.

Everyone beware of that URL, it's probably spam or a virus of some sort.

Nov 30, 2021 - 9:57:09 AM

249 posts since 11/16/2011

quote:
Originally posted by Texasbanjo

Looks like spam to me by just the e-mail address. I think you did right in not opening it and I hope no one else who gets one opens it.

Everyone beware of that URL, it's probably spam or a virus of some sort.


Is this connected to BHO emails not going out?   Posted an ad over 20 minutes ago but no email confirmation yet, usually it's immediate.

Nov 30, 2021 - 11:21:45 AM

Texasbanjo (Moderator)

USA

26689 posts since 8/3/2003

quote:
Originally posted by 550Spyder
quote:
Originally posted by Texasbanjo

Looks like spam to me by just the e-mail address. I think you did right in not opening it and I hope no one else who gets one opens it.

Everyone beware of that URL, it's probably spam or a virus of some sort.


Is this connected to BHO emails not going out?   Posted an ad over 20 minutes ago but no email confirmation yet, usually it's immediate.


Not that I know of.  Sometimes it takes a little while for classifieds to get throught the process and be online.   Give it a little time.

Just checked.  Your ad is online.  Go here:  https://www.banjohangout.org/classified/90472

Edited by - Texasbanjo on 11/30/2021 11:22:37

Nov 30, 2021 - 11:35:45 AM

249 posts since 11/16/2011

quote:
Originally posted by Texasbanjo
quote:
Originally posted by 550Spyder
quote:
Originally posted by Texasbanjo

Looks like spam to me by just the e-mail address. I think you did right in not opening it and I hope no one else who gets one opens it.

Everyone beware of that URL, it's probably spam or a virus of some sort.


Is this connected to BHO emails not going out?   Posted an ad over 20 minutes ago but no email confirmation yet, usually it's immediate.


Not that I know of.  Sometimes it takes a little while for classifieds to get throught the process and be online.   Give it a little time.

Just checked.  Your ad is online.  Go here:  https://www.banjohangout.org/classified/90472


My ad was online immediately, there was no email confirmation.  This has happened before when the email part on the Hangout was not sending out emails and it took a long time to clear.  People wanted to reply to ads but unable.  Still no notification but received an email from a member.

Hangout Network Help

View All Topics  |  View Categories

0.140625