Banjo Hangout Logo
Banjo Hangout Logo

Premier Sponsors

905
Banjo Lovers Online


Oct 15, 2021 - 6:39:52 AM
like this
75136 posts since 5/9/2007

Tonight at 8 and tomorrow at (get ready for it) ...4:20 !

Oct 15, 2021 - 8:55:10 AM

banyes

Canada

1060 posts since 4/20/2016

Steve, I think the AL’s teams are fairly matched....the Red Sox have this ability to “rise above”, so I wouldn’t be surprised to see them in the WS. Only concern is the Astro’s can nickel and dime you, so can the Red Sox defence hold up....we will see but should be fun. For me, the ALCS and NLCS are much better games than the WS.

Edited by - banyes on 10/15/2021 08:55:58

Oct 15, 2021 - 9:27:12 AM

Owen

Canada

9793 posts since 6/5/2011

...I'm looking forward [hoping?] to see more of Chris Sale tonight.

Oct 15, 2021 - 12:19:51 PM

chuckv97

Canada

60372 posts since 10/5/2013

Bosox in 6

Oct 15, 2021 - 1:33:54 PM
likes this

slammer

USA

3375 posts since 12/30/2008

4:20 !!!!            I’ll be “fired up” for that game Steve !!!    LOL
Slammer!!!

Edited by - slammer on 10/15/2021 13:35:04

Oct 19, 2021 - 12:30:47 PM

75136 posts since 5/9/2007

WOW!
2 Grandes in the 1st 2 innings of Sunday's game and another in Monday's game.
These guys are rewriting the history books.
Two more games at Fenway.It would be great to finish this series at home.

Big Papi in the broadcasting.He was sitting out with his people last night and they were going ballistic!

Oct 20, 2021 - 5:54:14 AM

75136 posts since 5/9/2007

It won't stay in Boston,but I think that's good.We need to play well no matter where that may be.
Tough loss yesterday and today is a new day.

Oct 20, 2021 - 7:12:14 AM

12667 posts since 1/15/2005

The Braves sure lost a tough one ..... up 5 - 2 in the bottom of the 8th and gave up a 3 run homer to tie it up and then scored another to go up 6-5 ...... then struck out the side in top of the 9th!

Oct 20, 2021 - 7:19:04 AM

banyes

Canada

1060 posts since 4/20/2016

Thought this might be the place for this comment. Watching the ball game last night and I began to wonder.....is it time that Fenway be retired and a new park built. As it stands, it is now the oldest park in the MLB......I was shocked to see that Dodger Stadium was the 3rd oldest......and even more shocked to find that Toronto’s was 7th oldest.

So, if a new Fenway should be built....where .....if one is to be built at all.

Oct 20, 2021 - 7:40:27 AM
Players Union Member

OM45GE

USA

110436 posts since 11/7/2007

As a Boston area native, banyes , I hope they never replace Fenway. I’ve attended a fair number of games there and there’s a closeness and immediacy that you don’t get in a lot of the newer stadiums. There’s also so much history, it almost seeps from the walls. IMHO it would be a shame to lose that.

Oct 20, 2021 - 7:51:58 AM
likes this

12667 posts since 1/15/2005

quote:
Originally posted by banyes

Thought this might be the place for this comment. Watching the ball game last night and I began to wonder.....is it time that Fenway be retired and a new park built. As it stands, it is now the oldest park in the MLB......I was shocked to see that Dodger Stadium was the 3rd oldest......and even more shocked to find that Toronto’s was 7th oldest.

So, if a new Fenway should be built....where .....if one is to be built at all.


Well they did build a new one .......... in Greenville, SC!

We have the Red Sox Minor League A franchise and our field is a rough replica of Fenway with the "green monster" in left field!


 

Edited by - BanjoLink on 10/20/2021 07:52:52

Oct 20, 2021 - 7:53:37 AM

banyes

Canada

1060 posts since 4/20/2016

OM45GE, I certainly can understand  that point of view.....but money raises its evil head in so many of these cases.....I would hate to see it go but it must be in the cards.
 
 
quote:
Originally posted by OM45GE

As a Boston area native, banyes , I hope they never replace Fenway. I’ve attended a fair number of games there and there’s a closeness and immediacy that you don’t get in a lot of the newer stadiums. There’s also so much history, it almost seeps from the walls. IMHO it would be a shame to lose that.


Oct 20, 2021 - 7:54:42 AM
likes this

banyes

Canada

1060 posts since 4/20/2016

 
Wise move!
quote:
Originally posted by BanjoLink
quote:
Originally posted by banyes

Thought this might be the place for this comment. Watching the ball game last night and I began to wonder.....is it time that Fenway be retired and a new park built. As it stands, it is now the oldest park in the MLB......I was shocked to see that Dodger Stadium was the 3rd oldest......and even more shocked to find that Toronto’s was 7th oldest.

So, if a new Fenway should be built....where .....if one is to be built at all.


Well they did build a new one .......... in Greenville, SC!

We have the Red Sox Minor League A franchise and our field is a rough replica of Fenway with the "green monster" in left field!


Oct 20, 2021 - 8:03:04 AM

10558 posts since 8/22/2006

Isn’t it (pick your favorite adjective) how a game can turn on one pitch? I watched that Red Socks/Astro game last night and the way that plate umpire was calling strikes and balls I came away with the view that MLB wants seven games = more revenue

Edited by - 5B-Ranch on 10/20/2021 08:04:06

Oct 20, 2021 - 9:06:12 AM
Players Union Member

rinemb

USA

14103 posts since 5/24/2005

I would rather have a cool Redsox cap (especially a vintage style) than a Royals cap, even though KC is about a 2000 miles closer. But that is all the skin I have for the team. brad

Oct 20, 2021 - 9:34:58 AM

12667 posts since 1/15/2005

quote:
Originally posted by 5B-Ranch

Isn’t it (pick your favorite adjective) how a game can turn on one pitch? I watched that Red Socks/Astro game last night and the way that plate umpire was calling strikes and balls I came away with the view that MLB wants seven games = more revenue


That's funny, because I think the rectangular box they show on TV solidifies how good the umps are.

Hangout Network Help

View All Topics  |  View Categories

0.1865234