Banjo Hangout Logo
Banjo Hangout Logo

Premier Sponsors

1248
Banjo Lovers Online


Sep 12, 2021 - 8:29:19 AM
like this
512 posts since 5/31/2004

HATFIELD MUSIC has gone digital - see new offerings at hatfieldmusic.com/digital-editions/. Customers can now order all Jack Hatfield books and tablatures as downloads and save on shipping!

Edited by - jackhatfield on 09/16/2021 03:01:13

Sep 12, 2021 - 8:43:33 AM
Players Union Member

dbrooks

USA

4121 posts since 3/11/2004

Sep 13, 2021 - 4:53 AM
likes this

6264 posts since 10/13/2007

Wow, I cannot believe you have the Bluegrass Banjo Method Bundle for $75. That would take someone from beginner to a person that can play for about the cost of one private lesson! Thanks for all you have done for the banjo world and for all you have done for me and my banjo. You opened closed doors for me. You got me out of the dark area where I could only try to memorize tab (and my playing sounded like nothing) and brought me to where I could start playing by ear. Congratulations on this next step of going digital and instant. It will help people all over the world.
Ken

Edited by - From Greylock to Bean Blossom on 09/13/2021 04:58:58

Sep 14, 2021 - 1:06:33 PM
likes this

7103 posts since 8/30/2004

Jack,
You started it all. Hub was very fond of you and of course BNL. Great site Jack...Jack 2
 
Originally posted by jackhatfield

HATFIELD MUSIC has gone digital - see new offerings at hatfieldmusic.com/digital-editions/. International customers save with no shipping charges and no wait time!


Edited by - Jack Baker on 09/14/2021 13:06:57

Sep 15, 2021 - 2:07:41 AM

512 posts since 5/31/2004

quote:
Originally posted by From Greylock to Bean Blossom

Wow, I cannot believe you have the Bluegrass Banjo Method Bundle for $75. That would take someone from beginner to a person that can play for about the cost of one private lesson! Thanks for all you have done for the banjo world and for all you have done for me and my banjo. You opened closed doors for me. You got me out of the dark area where I could only try to memorize tab (and my playing sounded like nothing) and brought me to where I could start playing by ear. Congratulations on this next step of going digital and instant. It will help people all over the world.
Ken


Sep 15, 2021 - 2:08:48 AM
likes this

512 posts since 5/31/2004

Thank you for always being my cheerleader Ken! Hope you are well. You helped my tennis game as well. Not too many people get private instruction from a D1 coach! Let me know when you come to the Smokies... I can't hike with you with my bad knees but I can buy you a beer and pick a few tunes with you! 

Edited by - jackhatfield on 09/15/2021 02:24:54

Sep 15, 2021 - 2:09:36 AM

512 posts since 5/31/2004

quote:
Originally posted by Jack Baker
Jack,
You started it all. Hub was very fond of you and of course BNL. Great site Jack...Jack 2
 
Originally posted by jackhatfield

HATFIELD MUSIC has gone digital - see new offerings at hatfieldmusic.com/digital-editions/. International customers save with no shipping charges and no wait time!


 


Sep 15, 2021 - 2:15:03 AM
like this

512 posts since 5/31/2004

I didn’t start anything, I am just one of your fellow soldiers carrying the torch… btw, I believe I am Jack 2… I think you have been doing this longer than me! Great to hear from you Jack1! I am at the airport on the way to Winfield to pick and hang out with part of our extended bluegrass family. I’ll play Angeline the Baker for ya.

Sep 15, 2021 - 4:12:21 AM
like this
Players Union Member

janolov

Sweden

41207 posts since 3/7/2006

I have some guitar tabs made by Jack Baker that were published in SingOut! Magazine in 1968 - 53 years ago.

Sep 17, 2021 - 4:11:38 AM

7103 posts since 8/30/2004

Thanks Jack,
Angelina Baker is one of my favorites. Jack
 
Originally posted by jackhatfield

I didn’t start anything, I am just one of your fellow soldiers carrying the torch… btw, I believe I am Jack 2… I think you have been doing this longer than me! Great to hear from you Jack1! I am at the airport on the way to Winfield to pick and hang out with part of our extended bluegrass family. I’ll play Angeline the Baker for ya.


Sep 17, 2021 - 4:51:08 AM
likes this

phb

Germany

2978 posts since 11/8/2010

I have your Backup Banjo book and I can testify it is top notch material!

Are the "Rhythm Trax" in the Tunes books/digital bundle of the same type as the practice material that comes with the backup book, i.e. band recordings of real instruments including instrumental breaks?

Sep 17, 2021 - 7:20:41 AM

512 posts since 5/31/2004

Yes. The PDF files have a corresponding MP3 audio file. Thanks for asking!

Sep 17, 2021 - 10:15:17 AM

phb

Germany

2978 posts since 11/8/2010

Any chance of hearing (part of) a sample track on your web site?

Sep 18, 2021 - 3:02:38 PM
like this

512 posts since 5/31/2004

Boil Them Cabbage from Banjo Tunes 1 - Rhythm Trax - hatfieldmusic.com


Edited by - jackhatfield on 09/18/2021 15:04:52

Sep 22, 2021 - 6:37:13 AM

512 posts since 5/31/2004

Correction - Cripple Creek

Hangout Network Help

View All Topics  |  View Categories

0.1894531