Banjo Hangout Logo
Banjo Hangout Logo

Premier Sponsors

Banjo Lovers Online

Aug 3, 2021 - 8:52:32 AM
1 posts since 3/23/2021

I'm needing very badly to replace the flange on my 1965 Bowtie and I don't know enough about replacement parts. Has anybody replaced the flange and know a good replacement? I hate to change it because it's the original flange but it is warped. It's never been a problem but it has gotten worse over time.

Aug 3, 2021 - 9:21:57 AM

3920 posts since 5/29/2011

If you can find one, Recording King makes a replacement flange that has the 10 11/16" inner diameter required by bowtie era banjos. I don't know how hard they are to find now but a few years ago they showed up on eBay regularly both in nickel plated and unplated versions.
Remember, the inner diameter is smaller than a prewar banjo uses. Buying the wrong size will leave you with parts you can't use. Don't ask me how I know this.

Aug 3, 2021 - 9:54:35 AM
likes this

2716 posts since 4/7/2010

Nickel or chrome plating?

Aug 3, 2021 - 9:11:50 PM

3920 posts since 5/29/2011

Originally posted by Bob Smakula

Nickel or chrome plating?

That is a valid question. A 1965 bow tie could be either one.

Hangout Network Help

View All Topics  |  View Categories