Banjo Hangout Logo
Banjo Hangout Logo

Premier Sponsors

822
Banjo Lovers Online


Jul 23, 2021 - 5:16:10 PM
3284 posts since 12/30/2008

I got to watch briefly this morning the Olympic opening ceremony and got all choked up!!!
Watching these gifted people / athletes entering the stadium waving to a empty seated stadium and not even having the chance to have their parents or friends there or any loved one was just a kick in the shorts!!! Damn COVID just wrecked everything , for everyone, everywhere!!!
These people train their entire life for a chance at an event that they might be the best EVER at , and then there is nobody there to see it happen in person. Same with all sports over the last 17-18 months!!! History has changed once again forever, and not necessarily in a good way!!! If it were me and we had the means, I would want my parents or family members there watching me and cheering me on for the greatest moment of my life!!! DAMN !!!
Slammer!!!

Edited by - slammer on 07/23/2021 17:17:25

Jul 23, 2021 - 7:17:07 PM

donc

Canada

6705 posts since 2/9/2010

Why the allowed that event to continue in Japan is beyond me.

Jul 23, 2021 - 8:33:45 PM

12421 posts since 1/15/2005

quote:
Originally posted by donc

Why the allowed that event to continue in Japan is beyond me.


Sure isn't beyond me.  What is beyond me is what a lousy job Japan has done administering the vaccine ...... not because of the Olympics, but merely because they need to be vaccinated.  I see no reason to deny and punish the athletes that have worked so long and hard to make the Olympics.  I don't know whose fault it is for the relatively low percentage of their citizens vaccinated, but it sure isn't the Olympic athletes.

Jul 24, 2021 - 7:23:36 AM

6824 posts since 7/24/2013

quote:
Originally posted by BanjoLink
quote:
Originally posted by donc

Why the allowed that event to continue in Japan is beyond me.


Sure isn't beyond me.  What is beyond me is what a lousy job Japan has done administering the vaccine ...... not because of the Olympics, but merely because they need to be vaccinated.  I see no reason to deny and punish the athletes that have worked so long and hard to make the Olympics.  I don't know whose fault it is for the relatively low percentage of their citizens vaccinated, but it sure isn't the Olympic athletes.


The same reason why we have the issue here: dummy heads.

Jul 24, 2021 - 8:02:51 AM

12421 posts since 1/15/2005

quote:
Originally posted by South Jersey Mike
quote:
Originally posted by BanjoLink
quote:
Originally posted by donc

Why the allowed that event to continue in Japan is beyond me.


Sure isn't beyond me.  What is beyond me is what a lousy job Japan has done administering the vaccine ...... not because of the Olympics, but merely because they need to be vaccinated.  I see no reason to deny and punish the athletes that have worked so long and hard to make the Olympics.  I don't know whose fault it is for the relatively low percentage of their citizens vaccinated, but it sure isn't the Olympic athletes.


The same reason why we have the issue here: dummy heads.


True MIke .... but we are all dumb about something!

Jul 24, 2021 - 11:06:34 AM

donc

Canada

6705 posts since 2/9/2010

There was no insinuation that it was the fault of the athletes. They are simply the most vulnerable being sent to the wrong place at the wrong time. . We don't allow our children to play in busy traffic just because we are jerky parents. We know that traffic is bad for their health and safety so we separate the two for a good reason.

Hangout Network Help

View All Topics  |  View Categories

0.125