Banjo Hangout Logo
Banjo Hangout Logo

Premier Sponsors

866
Banjo Lovers Online


 New Topic  Topic Locked

Page: 1  2   3   Next Page   Last Page (3) 

Mar 8, 2021 - 2:33:37 PM
like this

xx

New Zealand

5580 posts since 5/16/2012

You go on the Oprah show...obviously....

Mar 8, 2021 - 2:41:31 PM

figmo59

USA

32974 posts since 3/5/2008

?

Mar 8, 2021 - 3:16:24 PM
like this

11706 posts since 1/15/2005

I feel somewhat sorry for Harry, as I think this girl duped him and never had any intention of living anywhere but Hollywood. She is using Harry as a prop in order to draw attention to her that she would have never attained as a "B" actress in Hollywood (or anywhere else). If she wanted what she had claimed, Canada would have been the perfect spot for the couple. When you think about her, everyone in her life that is supposedly close, winds up in an adverse relationship.  Portraying herself as some sort of victim is utterly laughable!

Edited by - BanjoLink on 03/08/2021 15:17:03

Mar 8, 2021 - 3:38:04 PM

2198 posts since 3/29/2008

quote:
Originally posted by BanjoLink

I feel somewhat sorry for Harry, as I think this girl duped him and never had any intention of living anywhere but Hollywood. She is using Harry as a prop in order to draw attention to her that she would have never attained as a "B" actress in Hollywood (or anywhere else). If she wanted what she had claimed, Canada would have been the perfect spot for the couple. When you think about her, everyone in her life that is supposedly close, winds up in an adverse relationship.  Portraying herself as some sort of victim is utterly laughable!


Couldn't have put it better myself John. Though I have a little less sympathy for Harry... he seems to be acting very weak.

Mar 8, 2021 - 3:49:14 PM
like this

xx

New Zealand

5580 posts since 5/16/2012

quote:
Originally posted by BanjoLink

 Portraying herself as some sort of victim is utterly laughable!


Claiming victimhood has become a prerequisite for a successful public persona.....it saves the tedious task of doing something notable to become......ah.....notable.

Mar 8, 2021 - 4:07:48 PM
like this

QldPicker

Australia

281 posts since 4/17/2020

q

 

Mar 8, 2021 - 4:13:02 PM

csacwp

USA

2832 posts since 1/15/2014

I have little sympathy for Harry. He made poor decisions before marrying Meghan and all of the red flags concerning her were in plain sight for all to see.

Edited by - csacwp on 03/08/2021 16:14:15

Mar 8, 2021 - 4:41:37 PM

4122 posts since 10/18/2007
Online Now

It continues to amaze me that the royal family seems to be constantly in the news and the movies. What difference does it make? The queen may be really wealthy, but do the royals have any real constitutional authority? Or is this all literally just a big show?

Mar 8, 2021 - 4:42:29 PM
like this

bubbalouie

Canada

14920 posts since 9/27/2007

I feel the same! Harry's being led by the ear. Why go with Oprah to spill the beans.

What's next an exclusive interview with the National Inquirer?

I'd be more worried my kid turned out to be a ginger! 

Edited by - bubbalouie on 03/08/2021 16:51:19

Mar 8, 2021 - 4:59:56 PM

RonR

USA

1800 posts since 11/29/2012
Online Now

Without considering family obligations, it would be hard to pick a nicer place to live then Santa Barbara.

Mar 8, 2021 - 5:11:22 PM
like this

15134 posts since 12/2/2005

While I respect the interest of those who reside in what's left of the Empire, in that this (however peripherally) has some bearing on their governance...

...I can't for the life of me understand why so many American citizens find this story worth watching and discussing. Seems to me we had a little squabble a few hundred years ago in part so that we could separate ourselves from [expletive deleted] like this.

Mar 8, 2021 - 5:11:25 PM

11706 posts since 1/15/2005

quote:
Originally posted by Edthebanjo
quote:
Originally posted by BanjoLink

I feel somewhat sorry for Harry, as I think this girl duped him and never had any intention of living anywhere but Hollywood. She is using Harry as a prop in order to draw attention to her that she would have never attained as a "B" actress in Hollywood (or anywhere else). If she wanted what she had claimed, Canada would have been the perfect spot for the couple. When you think about her, everyone in her life that is supposedly close, winds up in an adverse relationship.  Portraying herself as some sort of victim is utterly laughable!


Couldn't have put it better myself John. Though I have a little less sympathy for Harry... he seems to be acting very weak.


Yes Ed ....... very weak!  There are many men being led by the nose, both rich and poor, and I have some degree of sympathy for them all ....... some more than others. 

Mar 8, 2021 - 5:14:38 PM
like this

2198 posts since 3/29/2008

quote:
Originally posted by Cornflake

It continues to amaze me that the royal family seems to be constantly in the news and the movies. What difference does it make? The queen may be really wealthy, but do the royals have any real constitutional authority? Or is this all literally just a big show?


They have more authority than you'd think... but they tend to avoid using it. This is largely because they want to keep the peace rather than make themselves into a governing body. I think that's pretty wise.

As for why they are constantly in the news... honestly, I think the BBC just got jealous that you had the Kardashians...

Mar 8, 2021 - 5:18:14 PM
like this

xx

New Zealand

5580 posts since 5/16/2012

quote:
Originally posted by BanjoLink

There are many men being led by the nose, 


I don't think it's his nose that he's been led by......

Mar 8, 2021 - 5:22:02 PM
likes this

2198 posts since 3/29/2008

But honestly, the British quite like having the Royal Family. Even the ones that say they don't...

So we're just a little annoyed that a vaguely famous (and incredibly bland and vacuous, judging from the interview) celebrity came over, nicked the ginger one, and slandered them all as racists on Oprah.

Mar 8, 2021 - 5:27:26 PM
like this

xx

New Zealand

5580 posts since 5/16/2012

quote:
Originally posted by bubbalouie

 

I'd be more worried my kid turned out to be a ginger! 

 


Funniest line so far.....

Mar 8, 2021 - 6:03:09 PM
likes this

11706 posts since 1/15/2005

quote:
Originally posted by eagleisland

While I respect the interest of those who reside in what's left of the Empire, in that this (however peripherally) has some bearing on their governance...

...I can't for the life of me understand why so many American citizens find this story worth watching and discussing. Seems to me we had a little squabble a few hundred years ago in part so that we could separate ourselves from [expletive deleted] like this.


I agree Skip.  To be clear, I did not and will not watch the interview, but it was all but impossible to avoid hearing about it. I generally wonder how people can comment on things in which they did not see or hear (ie commenting on a book that they have not read).  In this case it is almost impossible to not know something about it.

Mar 8, 2021 - 6:16:41 PM

Buddur

USA

2919 posts since 10/23/2004

Not so sure the interview will make the press stop hounding them.

Seems like the contrary. The interview is fodder and the press will only want more.

Mar 8, 2021 - 6:20:21 PM
like this

67 posts since 9/17/2012

Do either of them play the banjo?

Mar 8, 2021 - 6:33:51 PM

bubbalouie

Canada

14920 posts since 9/27/2007

The Queen's on our money so I've always known of her. All of our cities have streets like King. Queen, Princess.

They named everything here after names from the old country. 

Other than that She has ZERO effect on my life! 

I've got my eye on Prince Jug Ears and his Dad.

Mar 8, 2021 - 6:44:19 PM
like this

Owen

Canada

8251 posts since 6/5/2011
Online Now

In the summer of 2020 Covid put the kibosh on us attending the wedding of our nephew/niece in Ontario.  As an alternative we made a short video in which our house guests extended congratulations on our behalf.  While they were here, there was 100%, total peace of mind... no indication at all that the press was even remotely interested.


 

Mar 8, 2021 - 6:45:31 PM

QldPicker

Australia

281 posts since 4/17/2020

Mar 8, 2021 - 7:17:42 PM

9974 posts since 8/22/2006

Harry reminds me of the way Colin Kapernick is being lead around by his gal pal.

Mar 8, 2021 - 7:34:08 PM
like this

154 posts since 3/25/2016

Altogether an entertaining and perceptive set of comments, as every media appearance suggests Megs has some ulterior, scheming, private motive. ( @Owen, your "photo" is the only one I recall lacking a smirk of some private joke she failed to share with onlookers ...) .

Perhaps part of the untold story is greater damage to Harry by way of his mother's history than even he realizes. Meghan figured him out and has used him (and the family) to further her personal goals. And shame on Oprah for participating.

Mar 8, 2021 - 8:32:40 PM

Owen

Canada

8251 posts since 6/5/2011
Online Now

quote:
Originally posted by banjo5280

<snip> ....as every media appearance suggests Megs has some ulterior, scheming, private motive. <snip>

I'm like John previously noted, even if one does not follow the stories, it's hard to not have heard something.   But your ^^ comment, banjo5280, makes me wonder whether the level/degree of her "scheming" makes the allegations any more/less true?    To my mind that's of greater significance.

Mar 8, 2021 - 8:50:02 PM
likes this

57013 posts since 12/14/2005

I suppose that because Harold and Maude are no longer an active part of the Reigning Monarchy, this topic is NOT political.
But it's not ENTIRELY non-political, since the Monarchy has been mentioned, specifically regarding their political authority.

Thank Wotan I'm not a mod.
I'd hate to have to deal with this.
All y'all mods got my sympathy.

Page: 1  2   3   Next Page   Last Page (3) 

 New Topic  Topic Locked

Hangout Network Help

View All Topics  |  View Categories

0.25