Banjo Hangout Logo
Banjo Hangout Logo

Premier Sponsors

Banjo Lovers Online

Page:  First Page   1  2

Mar 2, 2021 - 1:48:46 PM

4008 posts since 12/6/2009

we used to tell kids in school they were ugly and their mothers dressed them funny

Apr 8, 2021 - 4:58:11 PM

Owen

Canada

8403 posts since 6/5/2011
Online Now

"....don't touch that dial... the hits just keep on coming."   Although this one's with a bit of a twist:   https://www.capebretonpost.com/news/provincial/kings-county-student-says-she-was-suspended-for-publicizing-another-students-shirt-with-rape-message-573873/

Apr 8, 2021 - 10:50:44 PM
likes this

Paul R

Canada

14349 posts since 1/28/2010

You'd think school administrators would be able to see this coming and act more delicately (or, sometimes, let it pass).

Apr 9, 2021 - 6:37:14 AM
like this
Players Union Member

DC5

USA

18430 posts since 6/30/2015

quote:
Originally posted by overhere

we used to tell kids in school they were ugly and their mothers dressed them funny

Yeah, but those kids were ugly and their mothers did dress them funny.

Apr 9, 2021 - 7:36:06 AM

Owen

Canada

8403 posts since 6/5/2011
Online Now

quote:
Originally posted by Paul R

You'd think school administrators would be able to see this coming and act more delicately (or, sometimes, let it pass).

Based on MY observations and interpretation of competency, I think the distribution is relatively flat.... 1/3 incompetent boobs; 1/3 "okay," and 1/3 pretty good.    IF the sample was large enough would the distribution be a bell curve?

Edited by - Owen on 04/09/2021 07:36:34

Apr 9, 2021 - 9:26:31 AM
likes this

Paul R

Canada

quote:
Originally posted by Owen
quote:

Based on MY observations and interpretation of competency, I think the distribution is relatively flat.... 1/3 incompetent boobs; 1/3 "okay," and 1/3 pretty good.    IF the sample was large enough would the distribution be a bell curve?

I just think there would be more awareness of what happens these days when you deal with this type of situation. It doesn't take a genius to figure potential volatility. It's not like the "old days" when authoritarian rules were more common/normal. There's been enough publicity about similar events.

My experience varies. I wouldn't call any of my principals incompetent, but there were a couple that made one occasionally scratch one's head - what you might call a wtf moment. Vice principals were another matter. Most were fine, but a couple were - "What are they doing here? What is their purpose?" And one reason I didn't go for administration is the gossip factor - staffroom chat. No matter how hard you try, someone always has something negative to say behind your back. As one principal said. "Jesus Christ could walk through those doors (pointing down the hall) and into there (pointing to his office), and they'd still b**ch!" I transferred schools to work for that guy a second time.

Apr 9, 2021 - 9:29:45 AM
likes this
Players Union Member

DC5

USA

18430 posts since 6/30/2015

quote:
quote:

I agree, and I'm very happy that I'm in one of those thirds.

Apr 9, 2021 - 9:52:07 AM

Paul R

Canada

quote:
Originally posted by DC5
quote:
quote:

I agree, and I'm very happy that I'm in one of those thirds.

One teacher called to me across the foyer, "I hear you're the glue!" "Whaaat?!" "I hear you're the glue that holds your team together!" It's nice to be the victim of nice gossip.

Page:  First Page   1  2

Hangout Network Help

View All Topics  |  View Categories