Banjo Hangout Logo
Banjo Hangout Logo

Premier Sponsors

424
Banjo Lovers Online


Page: 1  2   Last Page (2) 

Oct 24, 2020 - 7:41:21 AM
like this
31940 posts since 3/5/2008

Not..that I would do this....
But ah guy I know in the Construction field here...

Got really fed up with his yard signs gittin stolen...

Soooo........

He put out yet another ..New sign...

But ..this time ...
Um....waterproofed...the entire back with Drillers Grease...

Viola...!

The perp struck again....

A ratha...well-ta-do Woman....

Aparently.....she...is upset.....

Becose... the back set in her new..Prius... is now rooined...with coupling grease.... :0/


That stuff nevah...comes off... :0/

Somehow....
This is now...ALL THE SIGN OWNERS FAULT...
Wake up people.... :0/

Edited by - figmo59 on 10/25/2020 04:18:37

Oct 24, 2020 - 7:55:51 AM
likes this

Owen

Canada

6815 posts since 6/5/2011

Fig, when you say "All the sign owner's fault," is that the community's general take on it, or the viewpoint of a minority?   I think in the places I've lived, it would generally be "it serves her right."

Edit: ...though I might not know the whole story.    ...any background info?   ...or subsequent developments?

Edited by - Owen on 10/24/2020 07:58:14

Oct 24, 2020 - 8:03:24 AM

figmo59

USA

31940 posts since 3/5/2008

Afaik.....


It is the well-ta-do woman's opinion... ;0)

Ymmv tho...


 

Oct 24, 2020 - 8:06:26 AM

figmo59

USA

31940 posts since 3/5/2008

Pretty much the whole story Owen...

Allto...she may not approve of the guys Quarry ...
Bein the owner of an eco friendly car...
But I am only guessin... :0)

Oct 24, 2020 - 8:08:55 AM
like this

55994 posts since 12/14/2005

Were I the sign owner, I would press charges.
She had to commit CRIMINAL  TRESPASS on the owner's property to commit THEFT of the sign.

Makes no diff which candidate the sign was FOR or AGAINST.

Oct 24, 2020 - 8:26:39 AM
like this

Texasbanjo (Moderator)

USA

25110 posts since 8/3/2003

There's a lot of that sign theft going around. I like your guy's solution. I'm with the "it serves her right" group.

Oct 24, 2020 - 8:33:19 AM
like this

Owen

Canada

6815 posts since 6/5/2011

Oh!  It's an election sign.   

There might not be any legal distinction, but I think I'd be looking at it as case closed.... unless other "funny" stuff started happening to the quarry owner's stuff.... but on the surface it looks like he's reasonably capable of looking after himself.

Edit: ....and IF it's not a dead issue, maybe the guy should approach the lady and ask if she'd like him to autograph the sign.   devil

Edited by - Owen on 10/24/2020 08:38:16

Oct 24, 2020 - 10:37:03 AM

4826 posts since 10/6/2009

Our town has been pretty vigilant about sign stealing or vandalism. So far the few that have been caught have been fat middle age guys in pickup trucks and not "well to do women in Prius'". Not a lot of leniency in these parts either. At a minimum shamed photos on FB but the ones mentioned above were actually picked up by local police and caught on camera. Some people have booby trapped their signs.....nobody would blame the sign owner should these traps actually be triggered, lol.

Edited by - Bolie Jackson on 10/24/2020 10:38:37

Oct 24, 2020 - 12:14:13 PM
likes this

14938 posts since 12/2/2005

quote:
Originally posted by Bolie Jackson

Some people have booby trapped their signs.....nobody would blame the sign owner should these traps actually be triggered, lol.


Not true. Depending on the nature of the trap, the homeowner actually could face charges. SEE HERE from Constitutional law professor Jonathan Turley. Please note that the signs in question are political, as are certain references in the article, but the discussion is actually one of relevant law. Discussing the politics behind the signs would get this thread (deservedly) locked toot sweet.

I'm not saying that the gal who now has ooblick all over her back seat is in the same time zone. But it IS something to consider if one is pondering creating a potential hazard out of a yard sign, regardless of what it says.

Oct 24, 2020 - 1:01:05 PM

287 posts since 10/4/2018

you don't hear toot sweet too much these days. But it would be a sad day indeed if this sign owner was ever found guilty of some crime for this trap. She deserves it - twice. Shame on any justice system that would punish him. I guess that will be the last time the well-to-do woman will try that. I have no idea what the signs say, Walla!

Edited by - Good Buddy on 10/24/2020 13:11:42

Oct 24, 2020 - 1:07:58 PM
likes this

nakigreengrass

New Zealand

5291 posts since 5/16/2012

Removing a political sign without authorization is a crime in the USA ( RCW 9W )

Oct 24, 2020 - 1:16:56 PM
Players Union Member

DC5

USA

14481 posts since 6/30/2015

In Massachusetts a Farmer painted a political sign on his round hay bales and someone set fire to them. The perp has been arrested. I'm glad the farmer did not paint it on his barn, or worse yet, house.

wcvb.com/article/dalton-massac...34336201#

Oct 24, 2020 - 1:31:39 PM
like this

4826 posts since 10/6/2009

quote:
Originally posted by eagleisland
quote:
Originally posted by Bolie Jackson

Some people have booby trapped their signs.....nobody would blame the sign owner should these traps actually be triggered, lol.


Not true. Depending on the nature of the trap, the homeowner actually could face charges. SEE HERE from Constitutional law professor Jonathan Turley. Please note that the signs in question are political, as are certain references in the article, but the discussion is actually one of relevant law. Discussing the politics behind the signs would get this thread (deservedly) locked toot sweet.

I'm not saying that the gal who now has ooblick all over her back seat is in the same time zone. But it IS something to consider if one is pondering creating a potential hazard out of a yard sign, regardless of what it says.


I said nobody in this town (us non-LEO's) would blame the sign owner. The illegality of it is another discussion

Oct 25, 2020 - 4:03:52 AM
like this
Players Union Member

Nels

USA

5961 posts since 12/10/2012

In our area, a homeowner posted his political sign on public property. The city attempted to remove it and the employee was cut by the razor blades attached to the sign!! Not all attempts to protect signs are cute or smart.

Oct 25, 2020 - 4:12:56 AM

figmo59

USA

31940 posts since 3/5/2008

I got told about someone that glooed mouse snap traps onto the back...

Do not know if it is true or not...

Oct 25, 2020 - 4:14:18 AM
likes this

figmo59

USA

31940 posts since 3/5/2008

Prank Styal stuff is fine..

But actually harming some one is ..not...

Oct 25, 2020 - 4:17:05 AM

figmo59

USA

31940 posts since 3/5/2008

Me son told me that ther is a video.. of ah guys solootion...to the problum...

Guess he tied a stringer bungee cord to it...

The results were kinda funny..

But I have not seen the video..

Oct 25, 2020 - 4:45:23 AM
Players Union Member

DC5

USA

14481 posts since 6/30/2015

Coating a sign with grease is one thing, lining it with razor blades is another. Booby-traps that cause physical harm are dangerous. I always wonder though, what if you coated a sign with honey, which would attract ants and yellow jackets. Certainly honey is not a harmful substance. I don't think grease is harmful either, and wonder what would happen with that case should police become involved.

We have a problem with dirt bikers and ATV's trespassing. I once had a LEO suggest to put a board with nails on the track where they enter. I said that I thought that was booby-trapping and he replied, who said you put it there. Stringing a piano wire is a booby trap, but anyone could have dumped trash, which they do. Weird to get that suggestion from a LEO. I did not follow the advice, because I did not wish to cause harm to deer or other animals that might use that path. Also, if I did it, and someone tried to sue and took it to court, I couldn't exactly use that a LEO suggested it as a defense.

Oct 25, 2020 - 9:08:28 AM
like this

RB3

USA

821 posts since 4/12/2004

When someone offers you advice on booby trap ethics, is always wise to get a second opinion from someone else who was born under a different astrological sign.

Oct 25, 2020 - 12:31:27 PM
like this

2251 posts since 4/22/2018
Online Now

Booby trapsmiley


 

Oct 26, 2020 - 4:27:38 AM

177 posts since 9/6/2019

quote:
Originally posted by DC5

Coating a sign with grease is one thing, lining it with razor blades is another. Booby-traps that cause physical harm are dangerous. I always wonder though, what if you coated a sign with honey, which would attract ants and yellow jackets. Certainly honey is not a harmful substance. I don't think grease is harmful either, and wonder what would happen with that case should police become involved.

We have a problem with dirt bikers and ATV's trespassing. I once had a LEO suggest to put a board with nails on the track where they enter. I said that I thought that was booby-trapping and he replied, who said you put it there. Stringing a piano wire is a booby trap, but anyone could have dumped trash, which they do. Weird to get that suggestion from a LEO. I did not follow the advice, because I did not wish to cause harm to deer or other animals that might use that path. Also, if I did it, and someone tried to sue and took it to court, I couldn't exactly use that a LEO suggested it as a defense.


This one gets really slippery really quick. I had a car stolen when I lived in England and two cops showed up when I called to report it. The older cop said that if I caught them to beat the snot out of them and he would swear that they swung first and the second cop, a younger one, told me if I did anything to them he would arrest me. Just out of curiosity, was the LEO that told you to do it an older cop? The older guys seem to have a slightly different take on how to stop things from happening.

Oct 26, 2020 - 5:51:31 AM
Players Union Member

DC5

USA

14481 posts since 6/30/2015

quote:
Originally posted by Banjonewguy
quote:
Originally posted by DC5

Coating a sign with grease is one thing, lining it with razor blades is another. Booby-traps that cause physical harm are dangerous. I always wonder though, what if you coated a sign with honey, which would attract ants and yellow jackets. Certainly honey is not a harmful substance. I don't think grease is harmful either, and wonder what would happen with that case should police become involved.

We have a problem with dirt bikers and ATV's trespassing. I once had a LEO suggest to put a board with nails on the track where they enter. I said that I thought that was booby-trapping and he replied, who said you put it there. Stringing a piano wire is a booby trap, but anyone could have dumped trash, which they do. Weird to get that suggestion from a LEO. I did not follow the advice, because I did not wish to cause harm to deer or other animals that might use that path. Also, if I did it, and someone tried to sue and took it to court, I couldn't exactly use that a LEO suggested it as a defense.


This one gets really slippery really quick. I had a car stolen when I lived in England and two cops showed up when I called to report it. The older cop said that if I caught them to beat the snot out of them and he would swear that they swung first and the second cop, a younger one, told me if I did anything to them he would arrest me. Just out of curiosity, was the LEO that told you to do it an older cop? The older guys seem to have a slightly different take on how to stop things from happening.


Well, he was younger than me, but that doesn't mean he wasn't older.

Oct 29, 2020 - 8:27:44 AM
like this

55994 posts since 12/14/2005

A VietNam vet who lives a couple town over, set up a trail camera, after Person Unknown had stolen a few yard signs, and had knocked over his large, home-made sign.

(I am not revealing which side he was rooting for, so this is about CRIME, not POLITICS)

Last time it was knocked down, Person Unknown drove his car across the lawn, got his car photographed.

Person NOW Known has been cited for criminal damage to property AND hit-and-run property damage adjacent to a highway AND failure to report an accident.

(In MY Hummel opinion, it was NOT an accident, so, forget that last one!)

Direct quote from the veteran:

"If I haven't earned the right to voice my opinion, then who the hell has?"

For details: https://www.jsonline.com/story/news/local/wisconsin/2020/10/28/trail-cam-used-catch-saukville-man-who-drove-over-veterans-biden-yard-sign/6060922002/

Oct 29, 2020 - 4:19:46 PM
likes this

3704 posts since 12/6/2009

oh my gosh....someone stole my sign now I don't know who I'm voting for....please bring it back....huge reward

Oct 29, 2020 - 6:40:57 PM
like this

55994 posts since 12/14/2005

The point is not that the sign reminds me who I'm voting for.
The point is that someone has intruded on my space, and damaged/destroyed my property.

Of all the Belief Systems I've ever investigated, those worth having a second look ALL have, as one of their core tenets
"Do not treat others in any manner in which you would not want to be treated."

What part of intruding, damaging, and stealing does not violate that principle?

Oct 30, 2020 - 3:43:49 AM

3704 posts since 12/6/2009

fact people steal. if law wont stop them....then sit by your window with a little something that does.

Page: 1  2   Last Page (2) 

Hangout Network Help

View All Topics  |  View Categories

0.2617188