Banjo Hangout Logo
Banjo Hangout Logo

Premier Sponsors

Banjo Lovers Online

Oct 21, 2020 - 3:49:23 PM
22 posts since 2/7/2014

Need some tool help. I have a sweet old Craftsman jointer that has developed a crack in one of the bearing carrier/supports. After I discovered this i stopped using it--safety issue. Can any of you folks recommend a source for vintage parts like this? Thanks for your help.

Oct 21, 2020 - 3:55:49 PM



564 posts since 5/29/2018

Some bearing carriers used on older power tools are industry standard dimensions. Check McMaster Carr's website. They provide 2D and 3D drawings for most such parts.

Oct 21, 2020 - 4:06:33 PM

2960 posts since 2/18/2009

I don't know in this case, but often eBay is a good source of pieces from parted out machines.

Oct 21, 2020 - 5:47:01 PM



2261 posts since 9/16/2007

Part wanted ad may be worth a try here:

Oct 21, 2020 - 7:35:26 PM
like this



1583 posts since 7/2/2007

Take the broken part to a welding fabrication shop. It can probably be repaired. Can you post a picture?

Edited by - RBuddy on 10/21/2020 19:39:00

Oct 23, 2020 - 12:36:23 AM



140 posts since 4/8/2019

Grainger might be another source. They sell industrial supplies of all manner.

Oct 24, 2020 - 4:09:39 PM

10952 posts since 6/17/2003

If you look up the serial number, the manufacturer who made the product can be determined which might help you in your search.

Oct 25, 2020 - 4:12:22 PM

22 posts since 2/7/2014

Thanks for all the suggestions.

Oct 25, 2020 - 5:06:04 PM

13258 posts since 6/29/2005

I got all the parts I needed to fix a vintage 70s Makita Jointer/Planer by Googling the model number, whereby I got an exploded view drawing of the machine with all the part numbers, and could order.

It should be easy to do that with a Craftsman—hardest thing will be finding where they hid the model number.

Hangout Network Help

View All Topics  |  View Categories