Banjo Hangout Logo
Banjo Hangout Logo

Premier Sponsors

Banjo Lovers Online

Page:  First Page   Previous Page   1   2   3  4  5   6   7  ...   Next Page   Last Page (9) 

Sep 22, 2020 - 5:01:21 PM
like this

kww

USA

738 posts since 6/21/2008

quote:
Originally posted by Owen
quote:
Originally posted by chuckv97

So the whole world, even the many countries’ health professionals who couldn’t give a hoot about American politics, is in on some huge conspiracy? Who’s drinking who’s kool-aid....?

I'm greatly relieved that this is yet another all-or-nothing issue.  cheeky

We play for great stakes on the Hangout.

Sep 22, 2020 - 5:03:36 PM
like this

kww

USA

quote:
Originally posted by SimonSlick

Virtually all of the masks alleged to be necessary to impede the China Virus are manufactured in - you guessed it - China...

That's it! It's all a conspiracy to sell fabric to unsuspecting American consumers!

Sep 22, 2020 - 6:05:46 PM

birdman

USA

475 posts since 8/24/2004

quote:
Originally posted by DC5
quote:
Originally posted by birdman
quote:
Originally posted by DC5
quote:

For most of the 200,000 covid was a factor in their death not the sole cause. If you have terminal cancer, test positive covid then pass away, it was not the covid that killed you. But you know that, right

If you have terminal cancer but die of a heart attack while driving your car and go off a cliff, what killed you?  It's already been discussed to death that you die from complications due to.  Links have been posted as to how this is calculated, but, like everything else, you choose to ignore it.  Death numbers are higher since C-19 reared it's head.  So yes, terminal cancer patients with C-19 die, but before C-19 the numbers of Cancer patients dying was lower than they are now.  I've lost 2 friends, and had one in the hospital for 3 months from C-19.  None had pre-existing conditions.  Only 1 was over 60. 

Oh, and good job avoiding your bogus car accident data.  You can't win on facts, so you resort to the same denier nonsense without backing it up with anything.  We are supposed to accept what you say because you say it, and not accept what the data, scientists and medical professionals say. 

I responded Dave .

You claimed cars were more deadly than Covid, and provided no data.  I provided data showing that Covid was more than 6 times more deadly than cars.  When did you respond to this?  If you did, the post has been removed.  You make a bogus claim, get proven wrong, and come back with different bogus claims or statements. 

Nothing bogus in my response. Perhaps you should read it again.

Sep 22, 2020 - 6:09:50 PM
likes this

204 posts since 7/22/2016

quote:

Brendan you are so witty. Great job

Sarcasm, how original. I didn't expect you would give a logical response to the matter of mortality.

Edited by - Bum Ditty Brendan on 09/22/2020 18:10:22

Sep 22, 2020 - 6:20:26 PM
likes this

9724 posts since 8/22/2006

I’ll be expecting reports on case spikes due from all the riots. I won’t be holding my breath. And I hope when these reports if they come in,the media will be truthful and say if the person or persons were part of the riots. But I don’t expect that to happen.

Sep 22, 2020 - 6:34:55 PM

birdman

USA

quote:
Originally posted by Bum Ditty Brendan
quote:

Brendan you are so witty. Great job

Sarcasm, how original. I didn't expect you would give a logical response to the matter of mortality.

Hold on now.. you were the one who suggested I needed a grade school reading primer.   Was that sarcasm or was it just condescension??

Edited by - birdman on 09/22/2020 18:37:07

Sep 22, 2020 - 7:08:32 PM
like this

1731 posts since 4/10/2005

There actually is data indicating that masks have effectiveness in reducing transmission of virus from the mask-wearer to others. Particularly when combined with distancing. The corollary, of course, is that for the mask-wearer to benefit protection-wise, others need to be masking and distancing as well.

Do we need to wear masks outdoors when not within ten feet of anyone else but the family member or friend we are walking with? Certainly not, I would figure. We have our mask down or the strap on our wrist and we get it on the second we get within 20 feet of another human being.

Are we spreading virus even if masked and even if outdoors, if we are crammed together not distancing, and partying, dancing, talking, singing, whether indoors or outdoors? Certainly, I would figure.

For the near future, do we need to wear masks AND DISTANCE in indoor public spaces? Absolutely, I would argue.

I've seen some bad, nasty behavior out there about this. The infantile rage at being required to do something so simple and un-invasive to hold up your end of the social contract. And I've noticed that the bad behavior invariably is perpetrated by people who give other indications of being sociopathic, or give other indications of being cretinous, butt-ignorant mouth-breathers. And mouth-breathing is not what we want during a pandemic.

Sep 22, 2020 - 7:27:35 PM

QldPicker

Australia

98 posts since 4/17/2020

Not too difficult!

Sep 22, 2020 - 7:57:18 PM

I’m glad I live in a society that sees peeing on folks,not an acceptable behavior and doing so could causes that person,the pee-er, dire consequences.

Edited by - 5B-Ranch on 09/22/2020 19:57:41

Sep 22, 2020 - 8:04:37 PM
like this

kww

USA

quote:
Originally posted by 5B-Ranch

I’m glad I live in a society that sees peeing on folks,not an acceptable behavior and doing so could causes that person,the pee-er, dire consequences.

Unless, of course, it's done in a Russian hotel room.

Sep 22, 2020 - 8:07:57 PM

4827 posts since 10/6/2009

quote:

I was once "detained" (not sure if it was an arrest), in Boston, for peeing on public property (to be fair, I couldn't hold it). So yes, dire consequences for a pee-perp. Charges were dropped thankfully as the policeman understood the situation. No harm no foul I guess 

Sep 22, 2020 - 8:24:18 PM

quote:
Originally posted by kww
quote:

Unless, of course, it's done in a Russian hotel room.

Personal experience??

Sep 23, 2020 - 12:55:47 AM

2266 posts since 4/22/2018
Online Now

quote:
Originally posted by Bolie Jackson
quote:

I was once "detained" (not sure if it was an arrest), in Boston, for peeing on public property (to be fair, I couldn't hold it). So yes, dire consequences for a pee-perp. Charges were dropped thankfully as the policeman understood the situation. No harm no foul I guess 

Bolie, I shared a house with a very good friend of mine when he was going through training to be a cop.  He came home laughing one day when they'd been going through public order offences etc. Apparently the guidance was if you saw someone peeing in public, if you told them to stop and they stopped, you let them on their way.  If they didn't stop peeing, that was grounds to charge them - I imagine on a typical Saturday ]night, everyone got charged !

Sep 23, 2020 - 5:51:27 AM
Players Union Member

DC5

USA

14508 posts since 6/30/2015
Online Now

There are lots of sources of information, some good, some bad, some reliable, and some almost ridiculously bogus. When it comes to the realm of science, I do not accept information from CNN, Fox News, NBC, The New York Times, or the National Enquirer. I also don't get my science information from YouTube videos, and most recently do not trust the WHO or CDC to be reliable. I might find something interesting from any of the above sources that is worth looking into further, but do not accept anything they put out as factual. For science I look for peer reviewed articles in respected journals, or papers from University studies. I far more trust a study done at the Mayo Clinic, than one done by some YouTube channel that is clearly trying to gather subscribers in order to make money.

That said, I've seen several claims about reports that masks are useless, but all the sources provided point me to YouTube, or some clearly biased web page like The National Review. No one has yet shown me a link to a peer reviewed article, or an article from a medical institution or research facility that has found that masks are not effective in curbing the spread of C-19. I fact, I find just the opposite. I find hundreds of articles pointing to the effectiveness, and I find peers challenging the studies, but so far, those challenges have all been responded to with more supporting evidence for the effectiveness of masks. If someone would like to point me to a peer reviewed paper that shows masks don't help, I will gladly read it, and look at the references in the article. Until then I stand with the overwhelming evidence that masks help curb the spread of C-19.

Edited by - DC5 on 09/23/2020 05:53:35

Sep 23, 2020 - 6:26:52 AM
likes this

kww

USA

quote:
Originally posted by DC5

When it comes to the realm of science, I do not accept information from CNN, Fox News, NBC, The New York Times, or the National Enquirer. ... For science I look for peer reviewed articles in respected journals, or papers from University studies. I far more trust a study done at the Mayo Clinic, than one done by some YouTube channel that is clearly trying to gather subscribers in order to make money.

On this, we agree. It's not just masks: popular journalism can, at best, point you at interesting journal articles to read. I can't tell you how many people have told me that "scientists all believed that we were heading towards an ice age in the seventies". No, Time and Newsweek published a couple of alarmist articles, but scientists were in the midsts of concluding the opposite.

This doesn't help us get past the problem that the average American is completely unequipped to read most articles in scientific journals.

Sep 23, 2020 - 6:29:02 AM
like this

10918 posts since 1/15/2005
Online Now

Yep .... the problem in this country is average Americans. We need more geniuses like we have here on the Hangout!

Sep 23, 2020 - 6:44:01 AM
like this
Players Union Member

DC5

USA

Online Now

Six munths ago I cudent even spel geneus and now I are one.

Sep 23, 2020 - 6:57:42 AM

kww

USA

Doesn't take genius to read a journal: just a sound education in math. Kills me that American schools view a second year of algebra and a year of calculus as an "advanced" math education for a high-schooler instead of as a basic level, and no one gets a decent education in statistical analysis at the high school level.

Sep 23, 2020 - 7:04:01 AM

73410 posts since 5/9/2007

quote:
Originally posted by kww
quote:

Virtually all of the masks alleged to be necessary to impede the China Virus are manufactured in - you guessed it - China...

That's it! It's all a conspiracy to sell fabric to unsuspecting American consumers!

America...the land of "Choose your favorite conspiracy and run with it."

Sep 23, 2020 - 7:05:34 AM
Players Union Member

DC5

USA

Online Now

quote:
Originally posted by kww

Doesn't take genius to read a journal: just a sound education in math. Kills me that American schools view a second year of algebra and a year of calculus as an "advanced" math education for a high-schooler instead of as a basic level, and no one gets a decent education in statistical analysis at the high school level.

They did at my school, but it was in lieu of Calculus.

Sep 23, 2020 - 7:06:23 AM
Players Union Member

DC5

USA

Online Now

quote:
Originally posted by steve davis
quote:
Originally posted by kww
quote:

America...the land of "Choose your favorite conspiracy and run with it."

True, but sadly not exclusive to America.

Sep 23, 2020 - 7:49:45 AM

2254 posts since 2/10/2013

When you don't wear a mask, it affects nearby individuals. If you want to die, that is your choice. But you don't have the right to infect other people. You demand rights, then private enterprises have the right to keep individuals not wearing a mask from entering their establishment. BTW, what legal document validates the right not to wear protective devices ? Just because a person desires something doesn't make it a "right".

Sep 23, 2020 - 8:03:38 AM

birdman

USA

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Hauser

When you don't wear a mask, it affects nearby individuals. If you want to die, that is your choice. But you don't have the right to infect other people. You demand rights, then private enterprises have the right to keep individuals not wearing a mask from entering their establishment. BTW, what legal document validates the right not to wear protective devices ? Just because a person desires something doesn't make it a "right".

Dont make it "wrong" neither, now does it.

Sep 23, 2020 - 8:04:47 AM

birdman

USA

quote:
Originally posted by kww
quote:
Originally posted by DC5

When it comes to the realm of science, I do not accept information from CNN, Fox News, NBC, The New York Times, or the National Enquirer. ... For science I look for peer reviewed articles in respected journals, or papers from University studies. I far more trust a study done at the Mayo Clinic, than one done by some YouTube channel that is clearly trying to gather subscribers in order to make money.

On this, we agree. It's not just masks: popular journalism can, at best, point you at interesting journal articles to read. I can't tell you how many people have told me that "scientists all believed that we were heading towards an ice age in the seventies". No, Time and Newsweek published a couple of alarmist articles, but scientists were in the midsts of concluding the opposite.

This doesn't help us get past the problem that the average American is completely unequipped to read most articles in scientific journals.

The arrogance of some folks is shocking. 

Sep 23, 2020 - 8:08:36 AM

73410 posts since 5/9/2007

It's so much simpler to have a national mandate for everyone to wear a mask when around other people.
Some things don't work at all when choice becomes part of the equation.

Edited by - Texasbanjo on 09/23/2020 08:17:43

Page:  First Page   Previous Page   1   2   3  4  5   6   7  ...   Next Page   Last Page (9) 

Hangout Network Help

View All Topics  |  View Categories