Banjo Hangout Logo
Banjo Hangout Logo

Premier Sponsors

Banjo Lovers Online

Want to hide these Google ads? Join the Players Union!
Apr 8, 2020 - 6:08:24 AM



74 posts since 10/30/2019

I've asked about this before but I think I asked for the wrong thing due to translation issues.

I'm looking for a Ball Lug that can thread onto the coordinator rod to replace the L-bracket and the coordinator rod nut.
Such a lug would not have a screw attached to it but instead have a threaded hole for the end of the rod to thread into, much like a cap nut or an upscaled tension hook ball lug.

Edited by - LzChase on 04/08/2020 06:11:53

Apr 8, 2020 - 6:45:18 AM

142 posts since 4/3/2009

OME used one on some of their bracket banjos. Is this what you're looking for?  See pictures 2 and 5 in the following ad:

Apr 8, 2020 - 6:58:23 AM

12907 posts since 6/29/2005

All ball lugs have threaded holes in the back of them, usually 10-24 or 12-24.  You just have to find one that is the same thread as the end of your co-rod.

Off the top of my head, Bill Rickard sells them as does OME.

Apr 8, 2020 - 10:15:19 AM

2852 posts since 2/18/2009

I would think your chances of finding one that is threaded to match a coordinator rod are somewhat low, but you should be able to re-drill and re-tap one to fit your needs, you'd just need the correct size tap and drill bit. It would be pretty easy to tap if you used a brass endbolt or ball shoe.

Hangout Network Help

View All Topics  |  View Categories