Banjo Hangout Logo
Banjo Hangout Logo

Premier Sponsors

Banjo Lovers Online

My upstairs neighbor complains every time I play

Want to hide these Google ads? Join the Players Union!

Page:  First Page   Previous Page   1   2   3  4

Apr 5, 2020 - 4:27:34 AM

Jim Yates

Canada

6650 posts since 2/21/2007

quote:
Originally posted by craan

A banjo slide-on mute positioned over two metal paper clips that are attached to the right and left sides of the bart veerman extra thin bridge, a wedge between the the neck post and the head inside the pot and a towel stuffed inside the pot seems to do the trick. I used the paper clips on the bridge of my cittern. They don't make mutes for them. Does a mandolin mute exist?

Wacko instrument suggestions seems to be a pattern on this list- I have been told to get bagpipes, drum kits, etc as solutions-reverse psychology.. I hope all on this list are in social distancing at home; I suspect not with the advice to me to procure wacko instruments with which to aggress on my neighbor who was probably traumatized by the film. Deliverance as a child and should have our pity.. I should slop him those Charlie Brown cartoons on the banjo under his door:. pinterest.ca/pin/792563234403152951/ pinterest.com/pin/73676143875388385/

I use alligator clips on my banjos.  I used to use clothes pins, but they vibrated off and there was a volume surge in the middle of a tune.  I haven't tried them on the mandolin bridge yet, but I think they'd work.

Page:  First Page   Previous Page   1   2   3  4

Hangout Network Help

View All Topics  |  View Categories