Banjo Hangout Logo
Banjo Hangout Logo

Premier Sponsors

338
Banjo Lovers Online


Want to hide these Google ads? Join the Players Union!
Mar 9, 2020 - 10:20:39 AM

Brett

USA

2148 posts since 11/29/2005

I am unable to generate enough hand pressure to reinstall a presto tailpiece cover. This is an older prewar presto. First one I’ve ever reinstalled, usually I remove them. I cannot get the two little nubs to line up with the two little indentions. I can get one ear on but not enough hand or finger strength to get other side on, and thus cannot complete presto tailpiece cover reassembly.
There is likely a trick or two to this, so I figured I’d ask. Thank you.

Mar 9, 2020 - 9:47:16 PM

10679 posts since 10/27/2006

I find installing covers onto vintage Prestos no more difficult than modern reproductions.

There’s a trick to getting the holes at the right spacing to snap in while getting a touch wider spacing near the bend so that you have a nice friction fit as you close the cover.

BTW, I do this one-handed (not by choice).

Mar 10, 2020 - 9:20:42 AM

7058 posts since 8/28/2013

I don't know if there's a trick to getting those covers on because I just seem to be able do it somehow. My only suggestion is to simply keep trying, perhaps attempting different approach angles.

Hangout Network Help

View All Topics  |  View Categories

0.125