Banjo Hangout Logo
Banjo Hangout Logo

Premier Sponsors

361
Banjo Lovers Online


Want to hide these Google ads? Join the Players Union!
Oct 16, 2019 - 4:09:05 AM
likes this

Ondrej

Czech Republic

95 posts since 11/15/2018

I'm sending three songs. This time I play plectrum banjo.

Songs:

Slunecnice

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQ6ivbzznWM

Jen pro ten dnesni den

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWiFhIdKjR8

Necekej necekej

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBuq5DODqNs




PS: I follow to the link.
http://www.banjohangout.org/archive/349279

Oct 16, 2019 - 8:37:14 AM

482 posts since 7/10/2012

That looks like a wonderful way to spend the afternoon. Thanks for posting these, they were a pleasure to watch and visit vicariously.

Oct 16, 2019 - 4:35:06 PM
likes this

127 posts since 10/8/2018

Charming. It was like being in Europe in the early thirties.

Oct 17, 2019 - 11:56:09 PM

Ondrej

Czech Republic

95 posts since 11/15/2018

quote:
Originally posted by dpgetman

That looks like a wonderful way to spend the afternoon. Thanks for posting these, they were a pleasure to watch and visit vicariously.


Thank you, yes it was a nice afternoon.

Oct 17, 2019 - 11:57:23 PM

Ondrej

Czech Republic

95 posts since 11/15/2018

quote:
Originally posted by guitarbanjoman

Charming. It was like being in Europe in the early thirties.


Thanks. We tried to approach that time.

Oct 18, 2019 - 10:29:40 AM

6252 posts since 8/28/2013

Very lovely!

Years ago, it was fairly common to hear live music in coffee shops and other places. It's too bad that canned music has taken the place of live performances, both for the players, and in my opinion, the audiences. I often feel like I'm eating in an elevator when I dine out, and fear I'll get indigestion from the experience of hearing all that fake and featureless prerecorded pablum.

For what it's worth, a have a CD (purchased for 25 cents at a thrift store) entitled "Serenade D'Amour: Cafehaus-Musik" which is a collection of music which was probably played at coffee houses in the earlier part of the 20th century, although the tradition goes back long before that. It's become one of my favorite CDs, and I feel it's the best use of a quarter I've ever made. The group playing is the Thuringer Salonquintett, although sadly, this group does not include banjo.

One thing I did find unusual is that your group is called a quartet, while it seems to contain five members (Flute, clarinet, banjo, violin, and piano) plus an occasional singer.

Edited by - G Edward Porgie on 10/18/2019 10:39:38

Oct 21, 2019 - 1:56 AM

Ondrej

Czech Republic

95 posts since 11/15/2018

quote:
Originally posted by G Edward Porgie

Very lovely!

Years ago, it was fairly common to hear live music in coffee shops and other places. It's too bad that canned music has taken the place of live performances, both for the players, and in my opinion, the audiences. I often feel like I'm eating in an elevator when I dine out, and fear I'll get indigestion from the experience of hearing all that fake and featureless prerecorded pablum.

For what it's worth, a have a CD (purchased for 25 cents at a thrift store) entitled "Serenade D'Amour: Cafehaus-Musik" which is a collection of music which was probably played at coffee houses in the earlier part of the 20th century, although the tradition goes back long before that. It's become one of my favorite CDs, and I feel it's the best use of a quarter I've ever made. The group playing is the Thuringer Salonquintett, although sadly, this group does not include banjo.

One thing I did find unusual is that your group is called a quartet, while it seems to contain five members (Flute, clarinet, banjo, violin, and piano) plus an occasional singer.


Thank you.
I will explain the discrepancy in the name of the group.
The quartet was created in the hospital and they are all doctors. I'm not a doctor. At first I just arranged the songs with him. And then added as a player on banjo, ukulele and tenor guitar. That's why I'm just a arranger and "regular guest". I'm always extra applause:-)

Oct 21, 2019 - 8:36:38 AM

6252 posts since 8/28/2013

Ondrej-

They should give you an honorary doctorate (Dr. of Arranging) and start calling themselves "Quintet." I'm certain they wouldn't sound as good without your input.

Oct 22, 2019 - 1:15:45 AM

Ondrej

Czech Republic

95 posts since 11/15/2018

quote:
Originally posted by G Edward Porgie

Ondrej-

They should give you an honorary doctorate (Dr. of Arranging) and start calling themselves "Quintet." I'm certain they wouldn't sound as good without your input.


yes Ondrej

Hangout Network Help

View All Topics  |  View Categories

0.203125