I contacted BHO member Zachary Hoyt to have an acoustic guitar custom made as my way of honoring my late brother Duncan Campbell’s memory. Duncan passed away on March 26, 2019 at the age of 64. Duncan was a guitar player most of his life.
I’ve had my new Zach Hoyt guitar for a couple weeks. It’s a great sounding guitar with beautiful tone. It has comfortable action. It’s also light weight.
The most difficult thing is putting the guitar down once I pick it up. I just don’t want to put it back down.
For the full backstory, please see my recent BHO blog post.
Here are some specs/features:
• OM size body
• 1-3/4” nut width
• 25” scale length
• Grover Sta-Tite tuners
• Cherry body - back, sides and neck
• Cherry burl headstock overlay and truss rod cover
• Western red cedar soundboard
• Jatoba fretboard
• Curly maple - binding, end graft and heel flash
• S-shaped fretboard design at the rosette
• Binding around the neck and headstock
• "In Memory of Duncan Campbell" wood burned on the bass side of the fretboard binding
Working with Zach was very enjoyable and I couldn’t be any happier with my new guitar.
Additional information may also be available on Zach’s website
Good looking guitar, Kevin!
Thank you, Fred!
'Most Often Used Rolls' 7 min
'G.H. & S Banjo' 3 hrs
'dulcijo' 5 hrs