Banjo Hangout Logo
Banjo Hangout Logo

Premier Sponsors

Banjo Lovers Online

Want to hide these Google ads? Join the Players Union!
Jun 14, 2018 - 9:40:53 AM
98 posts since 1/28/2016

I installed a K and K twin on a cheap banjo when I was in my "well, if you get good at this one, you can move up to a more expensive one" phase.

I have moved to that phase.

Now, I don't want a pickup on a cheap Jamison banjo, but would like one on my Huber Workhorse.

Question is: Is it possible to remove the K and K from the banjo and relocate it to the Huber?

I searched all over the internet for an answer and couldn't find it when I thought--duh, you're a member of the Banjo Hangout! Ask someone there. So I am.



Edited by - lbullock on 06/14/2018 09:41:25

Jun 14, 2018 - 10:42:42 AM

330 posts since 6/2/2011

There are different ways to mount these. Did you use the putty to stick the dots, double stick tape or some other adhesive? If you used the double stick tape supplied by K & K you might ask their customer service about how to remove it.
The one caution I would make is be careful how you handle the wire that leads into the dot too much bending can lead to its failure.

Jun 14, 2018 - 6:39:43 PM



11153 posts since 2/7/2008

Can you swap the head to the new banjo?

Jun 14, 2018 - 8:15:18 PM
Players Union Member



12868 posts since 3/27/2004

K&K transducers should be able to be peeled cleanly from a mylar head by using a single edge razor blade.  As said earlier, there are various adhesives that can be used to put them on.  The softer putty and tape can be carefully removed, just don't bend the actual sensor.

Also, if you contact K&K the owner is well-known for personally answering back about problems or issues.

Edited by - rudy on 06/14/2018 20:17:55

Hangout Network Help

View All Topics  |  View Categories