Banjo Hangout Logo
Banjo Hangout Logo

Premier Sponsors

381
Banjo Lovers Online


Feb 14, 2018 - 2:35:47 PM
like this
13382 posts since 12/2/2005

...that that big green menu field didn't pop up every time I send my mouse pointer up to the browser's back button. Just sayin'...

Feb 14, 2018 - 2:38:11 PM
likes this

KCJones

USA

114 posts since 8/30/2012

Backspace will go back a page.

Alt+[left arrow] will do the same.

I think your complaint is valid but those keyboard shortcuts make browsing easier anyway so try that.

 

Adding a ~300ms delay to the hover popup would fix the issue though. 

Edited by - KCJones on 02/14/2018 14:41:48

Feb 14, 2018 - 3:04:32 PM

RevSpyder Players Union Member

USA

196 posts since 3/28/2013

quote:
Originally posted by KCJones

Backspace will go back a page.

Alt+[left arrow] will do the same.

I think your complaint is valid but those keyboard shortcuts make browsing easier anyway so try that.

 

Adding a ~300ms delay to the hover popup would fix the issue though. 


Not on a Mac. At least not on my Mac.

Feb 14, 2018 - 3:07:43 PM
likes this

951 posts since 4/13/2009
Online Now

It would be nice if those short cuts only popped up when the cursor is over the various words, rather that the entire line on which the word is placed.

Feb 14, 2018 - 5:30:03 PM

3272 posts since 10/13/2005
Online Now

I am with Deestexas on this one. banjered

Feb 14, 2018 - 7:26:02 PM

1085 posts since 2/16/2017
Online Now

This is my only complaint about the updated site. I've brought this up a few times.

Feb 15, 2018 - 7:03:41 AM

Cyndy

USA

535 posts since 3/2/2010

quote:
Originally posted by RevSpyder
quote:
Originally posted by KCJones

Backspace will go back a page.

Alt+[left arrow] will do the same.


Not on a Mac. At least not on my Mac.


Command + left arrow works on my Mac. (Learned something new this morning! Thanks!)

Feb 15, 2018 - 7:25:43 AM
likes this

RevSpyder Players Union Member

USA

196 posts since 3/28/2013

quote:
Originally posted by Cyndy
quote:
Originally posted by RevSpyder
quote:
Originally posted by KCJones

Backspace will go back a page.

Alt+[left arrow] will do the same.


Not on a Mac. At least not on my Mac.


Command + left arrow works on my Mac. (Learned something new this morning! Thanks!)

Weird. Yesterday it didn't work, today it does. Thanks, Cyndi -- as you say, learned something new. Or maybe my Mac did...?
Feb 15, 2018 - 10:41:24 AM
like this

schlange Players Union Member (Administrator)

USA

5812 posts since 1/20/2003

Working on this. Stay tuned!

Feb 20, 2018 - 8:30:11 AM

5284 posts since 8/31/2006

I HATE the green box! used to most everything else, even though I still think it was better old way. But the green box I find very annoying

Edited by - the-fish on 02/20/2018 08:31:12

Feb 20, 2018 - 11:31:40 AM
likes this

schlange Players Union Member (Administrator)

USA

5812 posts since 1/20/2003

Made a change today which delays the popup of the green box a bit, so if you just mouse over the main menu quickly no boxes pop up. Let me know what you think.

Feb 20, 2018 - 12:10:34 PM

1085 posts since 2/16/2017
Online Now

quote:
Originally posted by schlange

Made a change today which delays the popup of the green box a bit, so if you just mouse over the main menu quickly no boxes pop up. Let me know what you think.


I don’t know if it is just me, but it seems like you put the delay on the wrong end. 

 

It pops up instantly like before, but now it lingers for about a second after I move the pointer away. 

Glad you are working on this though!

Feb 20, 2018 - 5:52:38 PM

3579 posts since 11/29/2005

You need to add about 5 tenths of a second to the delay, sometimes I can't get the cursor out of the area fast enough and have to wait for that green box to decide to disappear.

Feb 20, 2018 - 7:39:31 PM
likes this

Chris Meakin Players Union Member

Australia

1741 posts since 5/15/2011

Green box disappears in about 0.1 sec for me. It didn't a few hours ago (but after Eric's post above). I think Eric may have fine tuned it even more in the past hour or so.

In any event - thank you Eric!!!

PS Hope you're still finding time to get out on your bike Eric.
PPS Got my BHO T-shirt the other day - fits great!

Feb 26, 2018 - 8:56:26 AM

13382 posts since 12/2/2005

Big improvement, Eric - Thanks!

Hangout Network Help

View All Topics  |  View Categories

0.984375