***'80 Stelling 'White Star' Archtop Banjo in Excellent Condition -- WAS $2,995, then $2,695, and NOW $2,495 + $175 Shipping!!!***
This is the second and last, and most special of my Stelling White Star banjos that I'll be parting with. For several years this banjo has been my ever-ready, go-to banjo. It has been extremely well looked after throughout its life with me being the latest in the line of its caretakers. For the longest time I swore up and down that I would never sell this particular banjo, not ever, not no how, end of story... And then arthritis hit... and then the double-whammy of peripheral neuropathy finally settled into my hands... and then all the joy drained away from my picking days. Whatever banjos I have left over will be handed down to my kids and grandkids, with possibly a niece and nephew or two thrown into the mix.
All that maudlin stuff aside, this banjo is in excellent condition, period! Which is amazing considering its been floating around this earth for the past 42 years. And now it might be up to YOU to help see it through its next 42 years. What an awesome responsibility considering Stelling Banjos has forever shuttered its doors. Anyway, this White Star sports an un-plated Stelling archtop tone ring that really cuts through the din of other stringed instruments. The sound? Not as "punchy" as John McEuen; not as "brittle" as Ralph Stanley (sorry, no sound files available). Some of the other features of this banjo include:
* Set of matching raw brass Gotoh tuners with ivoroid buttons
* Ome 'Harp' tailpiece (sorry, this is the only tailpiece available for this banjo, but it is a GREAT tailpiece in this application and has served this banjo well!)
* 5/8-inch Sosebee maple-ebony bridge
* Renaissance head
* Gold-plated bracket hooks (the gold hooks provide a striking accent when framed by the surrounding nickel-plated hardware, un-plated bronze tone ring, and lightly stained maple wood)
* Raw brass knurled resonator thumbscrews (the original nickel thumbscrews are also included)
* Nechville 'Comfort Bevel' tropical hardwood armrest (a standard nickel-plated metal armrest is also included)
* Superior-brand hardshell case in mint condition from a smoke-free, pet-free household
As stated previously, this banjo is in excellent condition, and I do not throw around the word 'excellent' lightly. The wood finish is exceptionally great with little or no scratches, dings, dents or other associated wear, and for a 42-year-old banjo, this is almost unheard of. The nickel plating on the flange and tension hoop is particularly nice -- not absolutely free of any tarnishing mind you, but as close to perfect as you'll likely get on a banjo of this age. And lastly, the frets... the wear is almost non-existent, no kidding! So like I said, this banjo is in excellent condition in every sense of the word.
The sale price WAS an extremely reasonable $2,995, THEN at a ridiculously low $2,695, and NOW at an astonishingly rock-bottom price of $2,495 (I ain't going any lower). Shipping is an additional $175 for US Postal Service (USPS) Priority Mail insured and tracked. Oh, and sorry but NO TRADES.
Please contact me through The Banjo Hangout. And as always, thanks for looking!
United States, NV, 89002
$175 shipping, insurance & tracking via US Postal Service Priority Mail
Cash (in person), Paypal
Payment Option Notes:
Sale limited to the contiguous 48 states. Sorry, no sales to Alaska, Hawaii, Canada or any foreign destinations.
Returns not accepted.
Condition of Item(s):
Used - Excellent Condition
'WL#7' 5 hrs
'Good Sunday Morning' 7 hrs
'Inlays' 9 hrs
'Lakota Cradle Strap' 11 hrs
'Ibanez STG120' 12 hrs