This is a Reunion Blues Continental Case. It isn't quite a case, but it is more than a gig bag. It is very solid, almost a case. You can find a complete description of the product here: reunionblues.com/products/rb-c...r-series.
The one for sale here has the following differences from a new one:
- It was used quite a bit for a few years (2015-2021) and shows. There is no real "wear" - no worn out parts, no threads coming out, no seems chaffing away, etc., but you can tell it is used.
- I glued a black and gray US flag on the pocket. It can be easily removed - just tug on it - but I am certain a visible and unattractive and probably impossible to remove glue spot will be visible. If you don't want the flag, you'll want to put something else there.
Using this bag:
- It is great for travel. I never understood people travelling with gig bags. They are far too soft. This case on the other hand offers very solid protection. You can load this into the storage section of a bus between all the suitcases and your banjo will be fine, as if it were in a hard-shell case.
- The shoulder straps are VERY comfortable for walking. The best thing about this case, however, is that it is great for riding a bicycle. It fits the banjo snug and comfortably against your back. (I am only selling because I now have a high-end travel hardshell case with backpack straps that works well too, although this Reunion Blues case is a bit more comfortable.)
- Lots of storage space.
- It is bulkier than a gig-bag, bulkier than a case. It takes up a few inches more space in your closet or living room corner than a gig-bag or case does.
- It does offer less protection than a hard shell case. If you trip and fall down the stairs, this would be much better to have your banjo in this case than in a gig bag, but a case would be even better. I recently crashed on my bicycle and my fiberglass backpack case protected my banjo 100%. I think this Reunion Blues case would have too, but I am less sure. It would depend more on how you land.
- I would not fly with this case. It would be very bulky to take on board and if they take it away from you and the gorillas in baggage handling toss it around, it will probably protect your banjo, but it might not and a hardshell case would be better.
actual shipping price
Cash (in person), Paypal
Returns accepted. Buyer must contact seller within 7 days to arrange return. Refund will be given as Money Back. Buyer pays return shipping.
Condition of Item(s):
Used - Good Condition
Full contact info at hatlie.de
This ad will automatically expire 1/31/2023 4:28:11 AM unless updated before that date. To keep the system current, ads expire if not updated for more than 60 days.
'WTB Elliott Capo' 5 hrs
'Dumping Day 2022' 6 hrs