When I bought it, I did not order a case, but it comes to you shipped in a small Ibanez hard-shell guitar case that provides a good fit and plenty of room for gear. The banjo is in very good shape. Price is $350 plus $100 for shipping and insurance. Great left hand beginner banjo. I like the old time authentic sound. The armrest is aftermarket, but the original armrest is included. Here is what the Deering Company has to say about the banjo;
The Goodtime Artisan Americana features a 12” rim, which gives the banjo a stronger bass response and a much warmer tone. The fullness and warmth of the larger rim is further enhanced by the addition of a 12” Renaissance head which beautifully complements the banjo both visually and sonically. The Artisan version of the Goodtime Americana features a rich brown stain, planetary banjo tuners, and the Midnight Maple fingerboard.
Played with an old time style technique, the Goodtime is reminiscent of banjos from a period when larger rims were more prevalent which makes the 12” a great setup for playing old time music. A traditional 11” banjo with a frosted top head has a bright sound. Since the combination of the Grand 12” rim and the Renaissance head makes for a wonderfully laid back sound in comparison, the Americana lends itself perfectly for musicians looking to use the banjo to back up a vocalist or another instrument, instead of playing the a lead instrument role.
The stunning new Artisan Goodtime banjos embodies Greg Deering’s lifelong vision for the Deering Banjo Company – to make the best sounding, best playing, best looking, and best value U.S.A. made banjo that he possibly could. It is a never ending quest that Deering pursues every single day.
• Slender Rock Maple Neck Stained a rich brown
• Midnight Maple Fingerboard
• 22 nickel silver frets
• Vintage Artisan Style Inlays
• Goodtime Americana Logo engraved on peghead
• Planetary tuners
• Geared 5th string tuner
• Durable satin finish
• Deering peghead shape
• Spikes at 7, 9 and 10 frets
• Left handed (factory) configuration
• 12" 3-ply violin grade Maple rim stained rich brown
• Steel tension hoop
• 12? Renaissance medium crown head
• 5/8? Maple/Ebony compensated bridge
• 16 flat hooks with 9/32? nuts
• 16 bracket shoes with screw attachments
• Comfortable old-time walnut armrest
• Deering Goodtime tailpiece
• Steel coordinator rod
• Durable satin finish
• Neck Width at the Nut 1 1/4?
• Scale length nut to bridge 26 1/4?
• Rim diameter 12?
• Overall instrument length 37 3/4?
United States, Beulah, MI, 49617
Check/Money Order, Paypal
Payment Option Notes:
Once check clears, the banjo will be sent to you insured.
Returns accepted. Buyer must contact seller within 2 days to arrange return. Refund will be given as Money Back. Buyer pays return shipping.
Condition of Item(s):
Used - Excellent Condition
'Sugartime' 1 hr
'life insurance pains' 3 hrs