I'm trying to find a new home for my Father's OME Juggernaut I from 1975, (serial # 1,12X ). After Dad’s experiment with learning to play, it was put away in ‘78 or so and has been un-played for 40+ years. As far as we know, Dad is the original owner, but he has dementia- sigh- and can’t help with any details. Maybe on one of his good days.
I’m a musician (Sax, flutes, reeds etc.) but I don't play Banjo, so to get a sense of the instrument, I had it set-up, restrung and checked over. It sounded great in the hands of a picker and I was told it was in very playable but dusty condition. Nonetheless, you should plan on having it set-up again to your specs. And the whole thing could use a good polish etc. to your preference for a Banjo of this caliber and vintage.
Here are a few specifics about this Juggernaut I. Most of this info comes from speaking with the fine folks at OME (thanks Tanya!) as well as my other digging around. (BTW I was told that Janet Davis played an identical model in the '70-80's)
- East Indian Rosewood 5-string, w/ Resonator and Ohm Silverspun Tone ring,
- Geared tuners- (Keith tuners on the 2 and 3 strings for you Scruggs fans)
- Neck is laminated w/ Maple & Rosewood center stripes.
- Ebony fingerboard, peg head overlay and heel cap are all bound with simulated Ivory.
- Stunning Abalone inlay
- All nickel hardware including f-hole resonator flange. (needs a good polish unless you prefer an instrument in "never been polished" cond.)
- Resonator (Indian Rosewood) has two inlaid purfling rings
- Hand rubbed gloss lacquer finish
- Original hard shell case
Instrument has a few scratches here and there, but no major dings, buckle rash etc. I'll try and compile a short list of these as well as photos. Again, it could use a good cleaning and polishing. Please contact me with any questions etc. And if I’ve gotten things wrong, or am off base, please, please let me know. Thank you, I appreciate you letting me into your community to try to find a new home for Dad’s Banjo.
United States, San Francisco, CA, 94110
Buyer pays shipping and insurance at cost.
Cash (in person), Paypal
Returns accepted. Buyer must contact seller within 7 days to arrange return. Refund will be given as Money Back. Buyer pays return shipping.
Condition of Item(s):
Used - Very Good Condition
This ad will automatically expire 6/28/2021 3:33:58 PM unless updated before that date. To keep the system current, ads expire if not updated for more than 60 days.
'Nail polish finish repair' 39 min
'c, d7, open' 1 hr
'Leaving the Bunker' 2 hrs
'Old Washburn E 329' 3 hrs
'Ten Broeck & Mollie' 3 hrs