I bought this beautiful banjo from a longtime BHO member Shawn, who had bought it directly from the builder, Rudy (who generously posted so many build guides).
Impulse buy because it looks so cool but I don't play fretless and not even that much banjo anymore. Time to throw this one back to someone who can make it sing.
This is a modern take on a mountain banjo, has much richer/deeper tone than the mountain banjo's that I've played.
* currently strng with nylgut
* Scale length (using the flush frets) is 24.5"
* nut is 1 3/16, maybe a hair bigger?
Here's some text/photos from Shawn's original ad:
This is a chance to own and play a unique banjo designed and built by long-time BHO member rudy. It is a smooth-playing and very solid work of art.
- 12" rim, block construction with laminate veneers and ebony inlay
- Internally tensioned brass tone ring
- Custom brass brackets (see photo album for details)
- Maple neck
- Fretless ebony fingerboard with maple flush frets
- Spalted maple rim veneer and peghead overlay
- Ebony rim caps
- Rudy's unique neck attachment system supports easy action adjustment
- Rudy's maple and ebony 3-hole bridge
- 10" Renaissance head
- Peghed tuners
- Custom stainless steel tailpiece
- Nylon case included
Original post by Rudy with full build details describing this one-of-a-kind instrument's construction: banjohangout.org/archive/215821
Instrument photos and bracket construction details by Rudy: banjohangout.org/myhangout/pho...umid=5991
United States, Gainesville, FL, FL, 32643
Included to lower 48 USA
Check/Money Order, Cash (in person), Paypal
Returns not accepted.
Condition of Item(s):
Used - Excellent Condition
'Nail polish finish repair' 58 min
'c, d7, open' 1 hr
'Leaving the Bunker' 3 hrs
'Old Washburn E 329' 3 hrs
'Ten Broeck & Mollie' 3 hrs