Artisan Goodtime Special Banjo
The vintage look and vibrant tone of the patented Goodtime Special tone ring set this American made banjo apart. Clearly louder than the Goodtime Two and great for playing in a band setting. Featuring Midnight Maple Fingerboard and Vintage Artisan inspired inlays! Made in America.
The Artisan Goodtime Special has the look of an older banjo with the rich brown stain, Deering fiddle shaped peghead and planetary banjo tuners. The Artisan Goodtime Special can be heard with a sweet voice with sustain that complements all the instruments in a band. Tuned to an open G Chord, with the spikes already installed, you can easily play in other keys.
The stunning new Artisan Goodtime banjos epitomizes Greg Deering’s lifelong vision for the Deering Banjo Company – to make the best sounding, best playing, best looking, and best value U.S.A. made banjo that he possibly could. Pearloid vintage artisan style inlays pop off the new Midnight Maple fingerboard, while the peg head is adorned with a beautifully engraved design.
The Artisan Goodtime Special banjo is an achievement in keeping the cost down while providing an instrument that will stay in tune and perform reliably because it is made with precision by skilled American craftsmen. Made efficiently at our factory in Spring Valley (San Diego area of California), this is a comfortably playable banjo with a wonderfully bright tone. It is a solid dependable instrument that is immensely playable with excellent tonality and clarity.
WHY TEACHERS LOVE THIS BANJO
Teachers look critically at a banjo because they want their students to be successful. Viewed from a teacher’s eye, he/she requires a banjo to be constructed with musical accuracy, ease of playability, adjustability, and durability. These are the reasons that teachers recommend the Goodtime banjo.
• Rich Musical Tone and Accuracy
• Ease of Play
• Easy to Maintain
• Slender Rock Maple Neck Stained a Rich Brown
• Vintage Artisan Style Inlays
• Midnight Maple Fingerboard
• 22 Pressed In Nickel Silver Frets
• Goodtime Special Logo Engraved On Peghead
• Planetary Tuners
• Geared 5th String Tuner
• Durable Satin Finish
• Spikes installed at 7th, 9th, and 10th frets
• Deering Fiddle Shaped Peghead
• 11" 3-ply Violin Grade Maple Rim Stained Rich Brown
• Patented Goodtime Special Tone Ring
• Steel Tension Hoop
• 11? Frosted Top High Crown Head
• 5/8? Maple/Ebony Goodtime Bridge
• 16 Flat Hooks with 9/32? Nuts
• 16 Bracket Shoes with Screw Attachments
• Deering Patented Goodtime Tailpiece
• Steel Coordinator Rod for Adjustments
• Durable Satin Finish
• Maple Resonator Stained Rich Brown
• Black Binding
• Durable Satin Finish
• Has a clear and bright sound of maple. Easy to play with clarity of note separation.
• Comes strung with Deering Light Gauge Banjo Strings
• G, D, G, B, D in standard G tuning.
• Can easily be tuned in other tunings as well.
• Neck Width at the Nut 1 1/4?
• Scale Length Nut to Bridge 26 1/4?
• Rim Diameter 11?
• Resonator Diameter 13 7/8?
• Overall Instrument Length 38?
• Weight Approx. 8 lbs.
• The trust and pride we share in our product gives us the confidence to grant every owner of a Goodtime banjo a 6-year warranty ensuring the quality of our materials and workmanship.
1. DEERING GOODTIME SMILE BRIDGE
The responsive sensitivity of the maple, with the hard, dense ebony top contributes to the Goodtime banjos clear, resonant responsiveness.
2. QUIET TAILPIECE
Specially selected metal is used to prevent the tailpiece from making “its own sound” and muddying up the banjo’s tone. The violin maple rim is supposed to sing, not your tailpiece.
3. STABILITY ENHANCING J-HOOKS
The proprietary Deering J-hooks are wider at the top to prevent twisting off the tension hoop when tightening the banjo head.
4. QUIET COORDINATOR ROD
Made of special alloy that is strong and does not interfere with the singing resonance of the violin maple rim.
5. 3-PLY VIOLIN GRADE MAPLE RIM
The maple in the Goodtime rim is the exact wood used in the finest violins in the world. Only Deering puts this professional grade 3-ply maple rim in a banjo in this price range.
6. SEALED GEARED TUNERS
Five high quality geared tuning machines make tuning the Goodtime banjo easy, accurate and fun. Too many student banjos are cursed with poor quality tuners, so the students blame themselves for an out of tune banjo when it’s the tuner that is at fault.
7. ROCK MAPLE NECK
This fine grained, dense, extremely hard, wood creates a stable neck, and imparts a bright, crisp quality to the Goodtime banjo tone.
Case or Gig Bag Included? – A Goodtime Banjo padded gig bag is available.
We also offer accessory packages that can include tuners, straps, strings, capos, etc.
This banjo is NEW condition with a factory (6-year) warranty. If you have any questions or concerns about this statement or the quality of the banjo, please contact us. All pictures of this banjo are of the actual banjo and are not stock photos We want to make sure that you are happy with your purchase, so please let us know if you have any questions or concerns.
Many of our items are for sale on multiple online sites and for sale in our shop. We reserve the right to cancel any listing because of a previous sale.
United States, Richmond Hill, GA, 31324
FedEx, UPS and USPS, $55
Cash (in person), Paypal, Mastercard, Visa, American Express, Discover
Payment Option Notes:
We take all major forms of payment. PayPal, Square and Venmo. Call us if you have questions or need help with your payment.
Returns accepted. Buyer must contact seller within 7 days to arrange return. Refund will be given as Money Back.
Buyer pays return shipping.
Additional return policy details: We charge a 3% restocking fee.
Condition of Item(s):
More Info URL:
240-343-5786 for questions or help with a product.
This ad will automatically expire 3/22/2021 1:00:06 PM unless updated before that date. To keep the system current, ads expire if not updated for more than 60 days.
'Gibson Banjo Case' 20 min
'Random Acts of Kindness' 21 min
'Sullivan Rim for Sale' 55 min
'1983 ome monarch' 1 hr